Chapter Twelve: The Past is the Past

Erza's POV:

"Dammit!" I internally shouted.

It seemed that I've awakened in an eternal dark room, not one voice has been heard, nor one person in sight. I let out an annoyed sigh as I continued slowly walking around the seemingly square black room - it was almost like a prison cell, just no bricks or bat crazy inmates.

"Hello there." A woman's voice echoes, with cackling right after.

I calmly looked around to find anyone, but unfortunately, I was still alone.

"I'll be.. Inhabiting your body Scarlet." She said with an arrogant tone.

Congratulations you know my last name?

"Who are you? - And where am I?" I asked in a frigid monotone - I hadn't planned on showing any emotions to the enemy.

Cackling echoed in the distance, "I've used a spell to keep your soul locked in your conscious.. For now I'll be using your body - almost like...possession."

I narrowed my eyes at nothing whilst listening to whoever is speaking. My thoughts lingered to the whole reason why I'd been training even more lately, "Are you working under Mavis Vermillion?"

"How dare you disrespect me like that!!" The woman shouted in utter rage, "Never would I work under you Slayers. Although, I suppose you don't pose much of a threat, considering your just a Vampire Slayer."

Truth be told, if she was trying to get under my skin, it wasn't working.

"You Slayers always think your better then us!! Well remember! - Even if the rest of the Supernaturals don't agree with our ways" she scoffed, "You were once nothing but mere humans. We are on the top of the food chain, not you." She seethed before her presence slowly started to fade.

Judging from the fact that I'm locked in my conscious, I'm going to take a shot in the dark and also assume that my thoughts aren't something to myself either.

I crossed my arms over my chest with nothing but confidence, a little spell can't keep me here - every spell has a weakness; no matter how great the caster.

I took a minute analyzing my surroundings. I looked up noticing nothing different of the ceiling from the walls, if they were even walls - for all I know I could be standing on the ceiling...

I brushed the thought off and continued walking around, nothing but the sound of my heels echoing through the darkness.

Jellal's POV:

A feeling of pressure being weighed down on my chest brought my attention back to reality. I smiled in content as I recalled the conversation between Erza and I.

~Flashback~

Erza stood on the decently sized balcony connected to her bay window, watching the sun set before her, she had a warm smile on her face - nothing more then what she would feel comfortable with.

"...Jellal, must you always watch over me?" Her voice a sweet melodic tone compared to when she's around anyone else.

I straightened myself out "..Forgive me." I muttered before jumping down next to her, "I can't help but need to watch over you."

She didn't question my claim any further, just nodded, "Whatever makes you feel comfortable, I don't mind. Next time at least tell me, I'd find you regardless of where we were watching out for me." She said with not a hint of emotion - other then her usual stern tone.

We both stood in silence for what seemed like centuries before she spoke, "Jellal, why didn't you tell me?" She asked barely audible.

My lips formed a straight line at her question - mostly because I knew what she was referring to.

"Stop avoiding it Jellal!" She whisper/yelled.

I stood almost stunned at her as she continued, "You should've said something-"

"Erza." I said and she looked up at me.

I'm now currently standing with her in my arms - holding her by her waist, "The past is the past - there is nothing more to change. What's done was done for a reason, I made them what they were so we could meet, so we could meet again." I muttered mostly the last part.

"Jellal.."

"Remember? It was your dying wish, Erza.."

She decided to stay silent for a few moments more, she stood almost speechless.

A sad look replaced her expressionless face, "..It was a mistake Jellal, I was simply blinded by the monster us humans call love."

I felt almost heartbroken at her claim - although she didn't mind continuing, "I'm sorry, dammit!" She cursed under her breath.

I never stopped her relentless string of curses, I stood there watching as she cursed herself for even thinking of falling for me.

"Erza, if what we had was such a mistake, then why did it happen?" I asked and she reluctantly stopped looking back up at me, "I don't know.. I just feel that if I never concerned myself with you, my family line would never have been cursed to be Vampire Slayers - being the strongest clan, it's such a burden being their heiress."

"Is that how you view it..?"

"I just don't have an answer anymore."

"I'll tell you it, I'll tell you why I did what I did." I told her, I knew I wanted to keep this a secret but I couldn't not anymore, "I knew I'd see you again that's why."

Her face was written with shock, "How would you know that?"

"I felt it, I knew it. Erza I'm a vampire who knows how old I really am. You've been reincarnated just like anyone else would be - although different, your still you Erza. You even have your name, I couldn't disgrace your wish and simply leave you. I cursed them so we'd have a reason to see each other again." I sighed after explaining.

She stared intently at the now rising crescent moon, "Did I really ask for something so.. Selfish."

"I'm afraid so.."

"...Thank you.." She whispered.

My eyes shot down to hers, true sincerity flowed through them.

"Of course, darling."