Chapter Nine: Right Busy

Lucy's POV:

"Where's Natsu?!" I yelled in frustration, the nurses flinching back.

"We've n-notified him to come here once you've awakened! H-He's on his way!" The young nurse with caramel hair and dual shade purple eyes stammered.

I huffed in annoyance as I awaited Natsu's arrival, maybe if he'd just let me go see Levy this wouldn't have happened!!

Natsu bursted through the door, "Nu..rse.." He panted.

A tinge of guilt hit me when I realized he actually rushed to see me, I guess I shouldn't act all that stubborn...

"Natsu." My voice came out softer then I thought.

His eyes shot to my own chocolate brown ones, a look of relief passed him, "Luce! Thank goodness - what the hell happened?!"

"What do you mean what happened?! - Oh." A sudden thought of what it may have looked like falling from my own window, "Oh my gosh! Natsu! No! I didn't try to.. I didn't try to kill myself.." I said a frown creasing my lips.

A sigh of relief escaped his lips, he walked over to the nurses surrounding the entrance and mumbled some incoherent words to them. They nodded walking off into the same direction.

After they left Natsu sighed again, "I'm honestly still debating whether I should kiss you or actually ask what happened."

I blushed at his remark and huffed, "I'm not sure either what happened.. Someone was knocking on the door and next minute I got a bad feeling in my stomach; I did the first thing that came to mind - escape."

He nodded, "There was someone watching you from outside your door."

"What!!"

"They're gone.." He stated with a stern tone, "We don't even know who they are, all we know is that they are the ones that attacked Levy and Gajeel. And Ha-" he stopped mid-sentence, "All we know is that they've been causing the same casualties."

I didn't miss the fourth person. Someone other then Gajeel, Levy, and I got hurt; and I do intend on finding out who it is.

"Anyone else?" I asked and he nodded instantly.

So he didn't want to tell me? Talk about trust.

"Look don't worry about it, for now just let the nurses evaluate you then you can leave." Natsu said sitting beside me.

Internally, I rolled my eyes at his way of making me forget. I'm not an idiot, unlike him...

"Fine."

His eyebrows shot up, "I'm sorry.. Are you okay..?"

"I'm fine." I snap.

He leans back in his seat a look of shock on his face. He seemed to understand that I was angry at him but didn't question it any further.

"Do you want me to leave?"

"Doesn't matter I'm already used to that." I muttered, a frown instantly replacing his shocked look.

He looked almost sad, "Luce... Is that what you think I do? Just leave you alone?" He asked in a bitter tone.

I scoffed, "Don't worry about it." His frown growing larger by the minute.

"Lu-"

"I said don't worry about it!" I cut him off, "I'm fine!"

He sighs before getting up from his seat and walking out, although I didn't miss the angry look that also passed.

A sigh escaped my lips, I didn't want a freaking fight to happen! We were just getting along and actually freaking speaking! Then the moment just had to be ruined.

As minutes passed, boredom was starting to become a real problem, there was literally nothing to do except stare up at the ceiling.

"Maybe I could walk around.." I said as I struggled slipping the scratchy white hospital bed sheets off. Seriously, hospitals need to have an update, those covers are not comfortable.

Once I was free from the covers, I stood up - momentarily wobbling but caught my balance. I walked around and eventually out the door which led to other rooms - their doors practically the same as the one I was in.

As I began venturing off in the odd hospital like check in/out room, another noise much like the beeping from my machine caught my attention. 'Maybe that's Levy-chan's!!' I thought and walked over to the door, I peered through the square glass and noticed a small little bump in the covers - almost child like.

"Lucy." I spun around quickly to find Juvia standing behind me with hope filled eyes.

"Juvia." I said back unintentionally shocked.