Chapter Fourteen: I'd Never Admit That

Erza's POV:

Hours later was spent still walking; trying to figure out what there was that I could do to escape. However, there seemed to be nothing except endless blackness.

Just as I slouched over to give up, a voice in my head started speaking. "Erza! Erza, can you hear me?!" I knew Jellal's voice anywhere and sighed in relief upon hearing it.

I opened my mouth to speak, "Uh, yes? I am! I don't know if you can hear me this way.."

"I can.." His voice filled my thoughts with a sudden sadness crashing inside, "What happened? Where are you?! Who took you?!"

"Jellal hush! I can barely think!" His panicking did nothing but unsettle my nerves. 

"Forgive me, I've been concerned beyond belief with you suddenly being taken."

I smiled a bit, "It's understandable.. I don't exactly know where I am. Last I remember a witch infiltrated the kingdom and I've been casted into some sort of dimension of hers.."

"Dimension?" He questioned curiously, "That seems impossible."

I froze. Jellal knew that second dimension casting is possible, after all, Wendy casted a spell like that to trap Lisanna.

"Witch." I almost hissed but controlled myself.

Suddenly, loud maniacal laughing bounced off of the seemingly endless walls.

"It's true, you really are too smart for your own good." She snarled. "Pretty, intelligent, strong. I hate you."

I crossed my arms over my chest, "Sorry to break it to you but, I'm not here to make friends." I stated monotonously, "How far are you willing to go to keep me here, and why? Why not take anyone else? There has to be some sort of explanation for that. I'm here for a reason, yet you continue to refuse giving me one."

The witch was silent for a long moment before hissing again, "You speak to much, brat! Just be quiet!"

"You're nervous, why? Nobody is going to know that I'm here, what does it matter if I speak?"

"I said be quiet!!" She snapped and the dimension shook knocking me off my feet.

I landed on my side with a straight face. "You get aggravated quickly."

She snorted, "No, I just hate the fact that you humans never know when to stop asking questions."

"That's one of the beauties of life, witch." A slight smirk tugged at my lips, "But then again, what would you know?"

She hissed angrily, "You naive brat! Humans should start to see the dark side in things, living in ignorance does nothing for your failing race."

I hummed, "That's an interesting thing for you to say, but maybe we're ignoring these things because we don't know what else there is to do. These monsters we live with will never fade, they'll just become another ghost in our past."

An abrupt flatline cut the witch off before she could respond.

"Erza!" Jellal's voice echoed.

"Erza!" Wendy..

I looked all around expecting for one of them to appear but found nothing.

This is irritating.

Finally, the witch spoke, "Damned humans, they know where you are.."

"Erza!"

"Wendy?" Of course they'd get her, she's the only one with extensive knowledge on this matter.