Chapter Five: Explain!!!

Lucy's POV:

I sat in my room for another half hour. I kept rethinking about our conversation. Even if nothing sentimental really happened I just - I felt the need to think about it again. Although I didn't really feel anything when I saw him, now I get these butterflies in my stomach. Regardless, I am supposed to feel this way for my own fiancé, aren't I?

And trust me I'm no idiot, I know what love is and how it feels. After all, I did like Natsu before. But do I still like him? Sure he took care of me, he never harmed me, but it felt so rushed. But sometimes, I just feel attracted to him in some sort of way. Like mentally I'm pulled to him even if the situation I'm tending to has nothing to do with him. It literally has been killing me to see him.

"Lucy." My gaze snapped to the door where my fiancé stood. He seemed to be amused, by the time I knew it, I'd probably been talking aloud.

Heat rushed to my cheeks at the mere thought of him listening to my internal rant. It was my private thoughts.. Plus, it was about him...

For a moment, a phantom of a smirk adorned his lips, "Now, now Luce" my heart felt fluttery at the mere mention of my old nickname, "what have you been thinking about?" He asked almost tauntingly.

"Nothing!" I quickly countered, "Nothing at all, Natsu. In any case, what are you doing here?" I asked trying to chance the subject, although he ignored my attempt.

"Oh really?" He challenged, "'Cause to me, it sounded like you were thinking about m-"

"My friend, yeah that's exactly who I was thinking about! His name is Jack..?" I cut him off, struggling with the name.

Dammit that excuse was cringe worthy!

A low growl erupted from him, "Oh and tell me more about this Jack?" He said almost daring me to lie to him.

I cleared my throat, clearly uncomfortable with the situation. With a triumphant smile Natsu leaned back on the door frame, "Well just so you know, Levy - accompanied by Gajeel, are laying unconscious in the infirmary." My eyes slightly widened in shock.

"What the hell do you mean 'She's in the infirmary'! What happened?!" I shouted rushing towards the door but was stopped by Natsu, "We're still trying to figure that part out. She passed out after reaching my fathers office, we suspect she was running for help by Gajeel's orders." He sighed almost irritably, "Gajeel was found soon after that near the East Stairwell unconscious with fresh bruises and cuts."

After his mini report I was left almost astonished, was this after I left her alone?

"Dammit." I muttered which got Natsu's attention, "Luce, do not fret; were trying to figure everything else out as well." It felt almost calming everything he used that nickname. I remember before I hardly even found sentiment in it, now I just feel grateful every time I hear it. I guess that's because I hardly see him anymore. I'd honestly do anything to go back in time so I could be comfortable with him again.

"Luce?" He called again.

This time I ignored it, my best friend was in the infirmary - not to mention in pain, dammit! Now I need to know what happened to her.

"Natsu, did they tell you what attacked them?" I asked.

He went silent, "No." He answered with almost no sympathy.

I stared at him in disbelief - him returning a cold look in his eyes. I scoffed at his tone, he seemed unfazed by any of this. Does he even care that they were hurt?! It's like everything about him changed, the way he blushed, his more lively attitude. Now he's just cold.