Chapter Six: A Dangerous Feeling?

Natsu's POV:

A temporary look of anger flashed through her chocolate brown eyes. She obviously wasn't happy with me and truthfully, I couldn't blame her. As much as I hated the fact that she probably hates me, I have to accept it. I've ignored her, I've left her alone, there's not much I've done these past few months that would make any person happy - including my own fiancé...

"Are you going to let me see her or not?" Lucy's stern voice cut through the rather uncomfortable silence, "I believe there still taking care of her still, it would be unwise of me to let you go in" I replied which earned me a glare, "yet." I added.

With a bitter sigh she spun on her blood red heels, her red dress spinning gracefully along with her. She walked to the armchair that resides to the left of her window and sat down leaning her chin on both outer palms. An expression of sadness slowly glinted off her doe eyes and I instantly felt responsible.

"Staring is rude Natsu." She muttered keeping her gaze to the large flower garden.

Immediately, I looked to my left. "I'll talk with you later. Until then Lucy." I turned and left without another word.

I could've sworn I heard a whisper as I closed the door but easily shrugged it off.

Lucy's POV:

"Bye Natsu..." I said to practically nothing as the door closed.

Another bitter sigh escaped my lips, I stared down at my dark red heels, a black bow dangling above the heel, and the base laced with black rose designs - both easily matching my dark red dress that flared from my waist to right above my knee, a lace black design akin to the ones on my heels. (media pic above)

I didn't quite mind my knew wardrobe, despite it being more elegant and formal - if was quite the change from my usual fighting gear which consisted mostly of latex underneath and this scratchy texture that I never really looked up.

After inspecting my outfit for at least the fourth time out of boredom today, I looked back up at the window, my reflection staring right back at me. I gaped at the dreadful appearance in front of me, dark circles contrasted from my porcelain skin, my hair wasn't the silk smooth it was before, and my usual glowing chocolate brown eyes dull.

Exhaling deeply, I finally found the energy to get up, finding myself already in front of my bathroom door; before twisting the golden knob, a knock on the door stops me. Diverting my eyes to the door I slowly made my way over to it, "Natsu I'm busy." I state however, before I'm able to make my way back to the bathroom door, another knock interrupts me.

A dangerous feeling washed over me as I backed away from the door, it's not like I forgot that Levy and Gajeel were attacked. The question now was, who was it that attacked them? And what if they were still here..?

I thought of acting based of the dangerous feeling I had and distinctly thought about how ridiculous it sounded. No offense but.. It could've been Natsu's dad... That's mean, bad Lucy.

Did I just patronize myself?

Okay.

The eerie silence brought me back from my internal battle, the way nothing was happening started striking fear into me. I tried thinking nothing of it but in the end, I found myself climbing out the two story window.

Thankfully (and oh so coincidentally), I found a sturdy vine that made its way easily to ground level. I bit my lip in anticipation as I finally made it half-way out of my window ledge, until the door bursted open. The scream I held in finally tore from my throat faster then I could realized that I was now falling. Before hitting the ground, I blacked out not giving a chance to the pain that supposedly entered my body.

Natsu's POV:

"So are you going to tell me why I found your fiancé falling to her 'could've been' death?" Jellal asked, his arms crossed over his chest.

I growled at the mere thought of my own fiancé trying to take her life but.. As much as I didn't want to believe it, that's what it looked like.

"Natsu.." My father called from the door. I turned to see him with a look of something akin to sympathy.

Yeah, that made me want to run.

No, I didn't.

"I know what your going to say... Lucy wouldn't do something like that though..! I just.. I know she wouldn't..." I stated unintentionally choking on my own words.

Jellal spoke up, "King, I agree. Although she might've felt depressed and lonely for being left alone - I doubt she'd do something like this. I've seen her in school before.. She never striked me as.." He trailed off a frown tugging his lips, not even he could find the courage to say it - and this is Jellal were talking about.

Now that says a lot.

"I see.. I won't question this matter any longer, however I do want someone to inform me once she awakens."

"Of course." Jellal replied to his command.

My fathers footsteps disappeared from my hearing, only Lucy, Jellal, and my breathing to fill the room with noise - including the machines.