Girl Meets Happy

I slammed my apartment door shut and slid down it with my head in my hands and tears falling off my face. I started to sob. I could barely breathe.

"Maya what happened?" I looked up to see my dad running towards me with open arms and worried look on his face. I stood up and he hugged me. I cried into his shirt leaving a huge wet spot on it. As I cried and he stroked my hair he asked again what was wrong. I tried to talk but I couldnt. I continued to sob. Finally I caught my breath and only had a few loose tears falling from my face. I sat down on the couch and looked at my hands.

"People at school.. they were uh.. calling me names.. and then uh.. Lucas started to fight the guy who started it.. and so many people were laughing and it hurt daddy.. It really hurt." I started to cry as I talked. I could see my dad tear up but quickly changed his expression to anger.

"What were they calling you? Did anyone touch you?" He asked through gritted teeth.

"They were calling me a slut but no one touched me.." I said wiping away a few tears. He was silent.

"But guess what.. I got to feel the baby kick today.. It was amazing. Lucas felt it and he was really happy. I was happy and then everyone started laughing at me.. I just want to be happy, dad." I said trying to smile but it resulted into tears. I cried harder. What if I'm never happy. I think I deserve happiness in my life but what if it never happens and I grow up to be one of those people who is never polite and miserable all the time. I dont want that. I just want happiness. Is that too much to ask?

"Maya, you will be happy. I guarantee the second you bring this baby girl into the world you will be nothing but happy. You have an amazing boyfriend who makes you happy. You are going to be happy. I promise." My dad said smiling at me. I started to think about Lucas I wondered what he is doing, what happened after the fight? As I continued to think about it I realized that he was just trying to protect me.

I changed into sweatpants and t shirt and joined my dad on the couch to watch a movie. About half-way through the door opened and I saw Lucas standing there with his hand wrapped in a bandage. I gasped and stood up. I walked over and carefully grabbed his injured hand.

"Lucas what happened?" I asked. My dad paused the movie and listened to what we are saying.

"No one is ever going to say those things to you again." He said

"Lucas this was really stupid. How are you supposed to get a college scholarship now with a hurt hand? I know a scholarship is what you've always wanted out off life. Why would you risk it?" I asked still holding the hand.

"Baseball isnt everything Maya. Trust me, I was wrong when I thought all I wanted out off life was a scholarship. I want a family and you have given me that. I am not going to stand by and watch as someone hurts my family. I am always going to protect you. I thought you would be happy I protected you.." He said

"Lucas, I just want you to be happy..."

"Maya, You make me happy. Our baby girl makes me happy. Our family makes me happy." He said locking his eyes with mine. We were staring at each other when suddenly Riley and Farkle bursted through the door.

"Oh my god Maya are you okay?" Riley asked panicking.

"I'm fine Riles. Were fine, and were happy." I said placing one of my hands on my stomach and winking at Lucas and Riley hugged me.

My dad was right. I am and will forever be happy.

A/N; I apologize that this sucks.. I promise the next chapter will be better.