Prologue

Copyright © ClaraRodrick (Lara Ruze) ™ 2015

The moral right of the author has been asserted. All rights reserved.

Do not plagiarize this story, no part of it may be copied, reproduced or transmitted in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, in any manner without my (Clara Ricks's) written permission, any infringement of this is a violation of copyright law. It will be taken as an offence and will be dealt with properly.

If you find anyone copying my works, please do let me know.

~

No other translations of this story is available and I'm not giving any permissions to translate the story.

~

(This beautiful cover is made by -PoeticJustice- She makes awesome covers, and also she's writing a new book! Check it out

She makes awesome covers, and also she's writing a new book! Check it out.)

~

The wind was howling outside, a storm was brewing up. 

The whole Chandigarh city was as if shaking with the warning thunders that were as if announcing with beastly pride that destruction was not far. 

Manvi watched from her bedroom window as people started evacuating the roads in hurry. Soon, it began to rain. 

She dialed Virat's number again and again getting worried beyond limits. It was nearing midnight and no sight of him. Where was he? 

His phone rang a few times and then was turned off. Manvi threw the phone away on her bed and then plopped down with a thump right beside it. 

She was tired, tired and totally exhausted of him ignoring her, of his silent treatments. She couldn't even talk to him as he had made his own bloody schedule of returning home late each night. He was working like a machine. It was not good for him and was especially bad for their already wrecked married life. 

A loud noise of the main door being opened came from downstairs. Manvi stiffened at the noise of someone stumbling through the stairs. 

Must be Virat, she thought springing up to her feet. But she was shocked when he walked inside their room slightly swaying, stumbling. He was barely able to stand on his feet as squinting his eyes he leaned against the door. 

For a brief moment his eyes connected to her shocked ones but that brief moment too came to an end like their happy days of marriage.

"V... Virat!! Are you drunk?" Manvi asked shocked at her husband's state. He never drank like this, like he was trying to drown his life in alcohol. He knew how much she hated this, he knew how much she despised this.