Chapter 2

Virat sat on the edge of his bed going out of his mind. He kept dialing Manvi's number again and again. "Please, Manvi, just pick up the phone damn it! Please..." He kept mumbling to the phone which kept repeating the unreachable shit over and over again. 

After having Jeevika kick some sense and truth into his stupid brain, Virat hadn't wasted a single moment to drive back home like a bat out of hell. He had burst through the main door to storm around his massive house to find it as empty and in a state of a mess just the way he had seen before leaving for office this morning. He ran to every room, checked the bathrooms, the backyard garden and even the basement like a maniac for Manvi. But she was nowhere to be found, not a trace of her. In the meanwhile thought back to his bedroom he noticed Manvi's side of the closet relatively vacant that he had ever seen before, at the same time the lone dusty and unused suitcase left in a corner was missing too. 

"Damn it!!" He yelled out in frustration and threw his phone away to clutch his own hair with his now free hands. 

Self hatred and disgust kept looming in his veins. How could he do this to her? How could he misunderstand her when he had always bragged about how he loved Manvi more than anyone in this world? 

His own brain kept screaming questions at him. He just sat there anxious, his eyes began getting moist. A deep shame anchored inside him for he had failed her, he had failed her trust in him and the love they shared. How bloody could he? 

For months he had been ignoring her, not missing a chance to show without a second thought how much he hated her very existence pushing aside the love he had for her. Her tears, her sad eyes, that beautiful angelic face looking so forlorn and it kept getting worse and worse day by day... he recalled it all. And last night he had crossed that destructive line of no return by reminding her of her dark past, her unfortunate childhood that she still had nightmares about.

He was a scum.

Now his eyes went moist as he squeezed them closed tightly. She was gone! And he had pushed her to this point. He so much wanted to blame someone, anyone but he knew he had no one else to blame but himself. She had trusted her with her whole heart and what did he do in return? Step on it and break the most precious blessing in his life into pieces? Would he ever be able to mend her heart and her love?

Damn He didn't even know where she was! What if he never found her again?

That thought gripped at his heart mercilessly making him double over in a state of panic. She might be in serious danger out there - getting mugged, kidnapped or in an accident... hell it was so late in the night! 

He scampered closer to his phone which was fallen on the floor, he picked it up and called the police all the while praying for her safety. 

-----------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Manvi stepped out of the bus and inhaled the fresh air of the town. The sacredness of Hrishikesh embraced her in as if motherly love just like it does with all the other people here, no matter if they had come here to visit or stay permanently. 

This place, this town and the river Ganga... everything over here reminded her of her mother. The mother she got very less time with. 

Sitting in the taxi now, gazing out of the windshield she made the memories flash in her mind. Memories of her mother and this place. She was very little when her mother passed out and resulted his father to insane in a very slow pace as he drowned himself into alcohol and gambling.