Chapter 6: KkabYul's Cupid

(A/N: Hello~ so this chapter is pretty much just a flashback of some of  Taeyeon's childhood, back story, and so on and so forth... So, I'm letting you know right now that it's all flashback even if it's not italicized like I usually do when there is a flashback. I've just decided to not italicize the whole chapter because I don't really think it's necessary to... All confusion aside, enjoy this chapter fellow readers!!! :))
______________________________________

"... And the winner of Jeonju Junior Talent Competition is the wonderful and painfully cute, KIM TAEYEON!!!" The announcer's voice booms around the auditorium, as six year old me steps on the stage wearing my toothiest grin, even though a few were missing.

I see my Appa and Umma in the audience. Appa has the video camera up and recording my every move, while Umma just stands next to Appa tearfully smiling widely and clapping like mad. The announcer wraps the Jeonju Junior Talent Competition winner's sash around my little petite body, and a big bouquet of roses that seemed two times the size of my head, almost making me lose my balance and stumble over, luckily the announcer took the flowers and held it for me on time.

"Greetings!!! I am Kim Taeyeon! I am very happy to win this competition. I hope I become a real singer one day! Thank you!" I finish off my little speech, and hop off the stage as the crowd goes in a frenzy, especially my best friend Yuri who was in the front row jumping up and down in her seat not listening to her parents who were telling her to sit down.

After the show, everyone was walking out the auditorium, while I was with my parents still jittery from all the excitement and the wafting atmosphere of the audience and big stage around me.

"Umma! Appa! That was so fun! I want to become a singer when I grow up, can I become a singer? Please please please?" My umma just laughs at my silly antics.

"Aigoo~ Taengoo, you and your silly imagination," she pinches my nose causing a pout to form on my face.

"Okay, we're gonna need to go to the grocery store and buy some things," Appa informs.

"Ooh!!! Can I get ice cream? Please please please please!!!" I try to charm the socks off them with my puppy dog eyes, which seems to work all the time... Well... Most of the time.

"Arrasso arrasso! I'll give you the money when we get there okay? But just the ice cream and nothing else, don't be out there getting lost now." Appa says as I nod my head vigorously.

______________________________________

"Hooray! Ice cream!" I exclaim jumping up and down causing a few grown ups to smile at the cute little girl in the middle of the isle cheering for ice cream.

"Okay Taeyeon-ah here's the money, and remember, ice cream then straight back here, got it?" Appa reminds me again.

"Arrasso!" I reply, as I finally head off to get my ice cream, until a sobbing girl in a pink dress is sitting up against the wall, with her knees tucked in and her head in between. I stopped everything and just decided to look at her, contemplating whether I should just leave her, or help her. I wanted to help her, but Appa told me not to get distracted. She started to cry a bit louder, but everyone else seems to just ignore the little girl and walk by. Hmm why isn't anyone helping? I thought to myself. I finally decide to just go and help her, because it didn't feel right for her to just be neglected like that. Sorry Appa, I say to myself as I stride over to her.

I finally reach her, looking down at the top of her head while her face was hidden between her knees. Even though I couldn't see her face, she seemed like a really pretty girl, well at least, the top of her head was.