Chapter 2: Newfound Hope

For the rest of the day, Jessica and I talked nonstop about fashion, and of course we got to know more about each other, making me feel more in awe of Jessica's sudden presence into my boring life.

    "You know what I just realized, all this time I never caught your name!" Jessica said happily, giggling as I was laughing along as well.

    "My name is Stephanie Hwang, but I prefer being called Tiffany," I reply again flashing my infamous eye smile.

    "Ah, Tiffany Hwang huh? Nice name," she says smiling back at me.

    "Haha, well you should know my Korean name, I hate being called that," I say.

    "What is it?" She asks. Oh crap! Why did I have to mention my Korean name! Damn it! Stupid stupid stupid Tiffany! I curse to myself.

    "Uh-um, well I don't really feel comfortable saying it," I respond nervously.

    "Aw come on, I'm sure it's not that bad!" She warmly says, playfully nudging me aside, giving me some confidence. I decide to give in and take a deep breath.

    "It's Hwang Miyoung," I say keeping my head to the ground in embarrassment, anticipating any further comment. Jessica just stares at me with wide eyes, then suddenly breaking the short silence with a sudden burst of laughter coming from the ice queen herself.

    "Yah! See! I told you it was embarrassing!" I shout back at her, crossing my arms and pouting all over the place like a five year old, causing her to just laugh even more, looking like she won't be able to breathe anytime soon. After a while, I start to calm down, slowly starting to be affected by her contagious dolphin-like laughter, I break into a smile and start giggling along with her.

    "Yah yah yah, stop it I'm serious," I say as I try to calm her down.

    "S-Sorry it's just that, it's so cute!" She says, taking short breaths in between, all while pinching my cheeks, causing a shade of red to appear on my face.

    "Aww you're blushing!!!" She squeals loudly, again sounding like a dolphin.

    "Okay okay okay! I get it! Now, can we just go do something else?" I ask, slightly annoyed by being picked on. It amazes me, how close we seem to be getting just in one day how fast I became close to my favorite fashion icon in just a matter of hours, and it truly was the best few hours I've ever spent in a while.

    "Oh and by the way, my Korean name is Jung Sooyeon," she explains, and gives me a warm smile contagious enough to instantly make me smile back at her.

    I look at my watch and see that it's starting to get late, realizing that I had to say goodbye to Jessica soon.

    "Um, it's getting late, don't you think you should go to your entourage or personal driver or something?" I ask. She lets out a short giggle then a deep sigh, and continues to explain on with her situation.

    "Well, I knew this was going to happen anytime soon, come on we'll talk someplace private," she replies, leaving me somewhat confused, but I still nodded my head anyways, curious of what she has to say. We find a quaint little bench in a nearby park where there was barely anyone there to bug us since it was getting late and people were probably going home already.

    "Okay, well to tell you the truth, I never came here with anyone, I just came here by myself to have a little vacation away from work back home and saw an ad for that exhibition. I was curious and decided to go, but was disappointed that it was invite only, so due to extreme boredom, I went anyways and just snuck inside," she says, leaving me awestruck at the story.