Chapter 10: Defend Or End

Wait. Nothing happened.

"What's wrong with this thing?" 422 said while examining that gun.

"Nothing wrong with it." Matt said. "I've turned on the Weapon Shield. No bullets or lasers come out of any gun in eighty meters if it's activated."

"I've still got my hands!" 422 cried out, dropped his gun and dived for Davis.

Davis fell hard on the ground. While both of them were fighting, Matt turned the Weapon Shield and picked up 422's gun. 422 turned and ran towards Matt, but Matt had already pressed the trigger. A dazzling blue light shot out of the gun and went straight towards 422. Jolts of electricity tingled through 422, and in seconds, he was nothing but a pile of metal.

"Great work, Matt!" DeWayne said and patted him on the shoulder.

"There's more good news. Now we have a TTM, thanks to 422." Matt said. "And we have to travel to another time. Now."

Year 2067

Control Tower:

Artie was in Mr. Contraire's room, along with a few most important robots, which of course, contained 421.

"We're really sorry, sir." 421 said. "422 unfortunately got killed in the battle."

"Battle? You call a fight of an armed robot against four people a battle?" The controller cried out in fury.

"Sir, I don't know how they defeated 422." 421 said. "When I and a few other robots reached there, 422 was destroyed and the rebels were nowhere to be seen. We have searched the whole area. Should we go and searched it again?"

"No. They're too smart. They might have already gone to another time through Matt's TTM. Have you brought the pieces of 422?" The controller asked.

"We have." Another robot, 413 said. "But I don't think it will benefit us. 422 is totally destroyed and cannot be restored in any way."

"I can't believe one of my most faithful Helpers has died." The controller said, who for the first time, seemed sad.

"But a number of robots are created in a day here. Why are you feeling so sad about just losing one?" Artie asked, and wished he hadn't, because everybody was looking at him as if he made a huge mistake.

"He was one of my most faithful robots, that's why." The controller broke the silence.

"But they are just robots." Artie went on. "Why not create another faithful one?"

"It's about using correct data and programming.....it's a lot scientific, and I don't think you'll understand it." The controller said.

But Artie knew he was hiding something. After all, it was the world's largest robot factory. Any kind of robot could be made here. There was another reason, that was for sure. A reason even his most faithful Helpers didn't know.

Unknown Age:

"Another time!" Matt shouted as they all stared at their surroundings. It seemed as the start of 21st century.

"I think we may find some people......what are you thinking, Kyle?" Davis asked staring at Kyle, who seemed to be lost in his thoughts.

Kyle made no reply. He just pointed at a sign which said "Keronzo".

"What about that sign?" DeWayne asked.

"I can't believe my dad was right." Kyle said and slowly paced forward.

The others looked at each other in confusion.

Thanks to my new voters: djcraft-2310 and FatimaHanif12.

Has anybody read Corruptive by djcraft-2310? Go check it out. It's really great!!!!!