Chapter 7: A Team Of Rebels

Unknown Age:

"So basically how are we going to defeat the controller?" Artie asked.

"I think I already told you." Matt replied.

"No, you didn't. You just told us how we'd ruin the Time Tracker." Artie said.

"Alright. I admit I haven't figured it out yet, but we will." Matt said.

"We won't. We can't defeat his armed Helpers, can we?" Artie said.

"Can't you ever be positive?" Matt said sharply.

"Positive? Yeah, sure. We know that we are going to die soon, but still we need to remain positive." Artie said. "I want to live like a normal person. First, we were kidnapped by the controller and ten years of our life were wasted. Then, after Parker gave us a job and a home, you forced us to join you in this crazy mission we know we won't succeed in."

"I didn't force you." Matt snapped.

"You did." Artie snapped back.

"Break it up, you two. " Davis interrupted. "We are a team now and we should be united."

"Team? We don't even know each other." Artie said.

"Let's know each other, then." DeWayne suggested.

"Alright. I'll introduce myself." Matt said. "I'm Matt Contraire. My father's name is Controller Contraire. My mother died when I was a toddler and I grew up in Control Tower. That's the reason I know everything about technology. I can build a few gadgets myself. You can say that I'm a techie. You next, DeWayne."

"Well, you can say that I'm the brain of the group." DeWayne said. "I know many languages and things about science. You next, Artie."

"I've taken lessons of Kung Fu and karate." Artie said. "I can defend you all if somebody attacks us. You next, Kyle."

As Kyle started to speak, a creature leaped out of the trees. Davis started to run but the others made no motion. Davis screamed as the creature pounced on him, but it passed straight through him, and Davis didn't even feel it.

It's another spirit, Davis thought. Only he could see it.

"What happened, Davis?" Matt asked.

"Are you defending the air?" Artie asked, staring at Davis' arms which he held over his head as a shield.

"It's just nothing." Davis said and sat down. "I think I saw a jackal."

"J...jackal?" Kyle asked trembling.

"Don't scare Kyle." Matt said.

"I'm not scared." Kyle snapped.

"Oh, yeah? Look in a mirror and see your face." Matt said.

"That reminds me." Davis said. "Matt, you said something about a Time Glass?"

"You wanna use it?" Matt asked.

"Yeah. I'd like to see if Parker's worried about Marble." Davis said.

"Where is that Alsatian right now?" Kyle asked.

"Sniffing that bush for the last few minutes." DeWayne said, pointing behind him.

Matt pulled a small torch from his pocket.

"Time Glass." He whispered.

A bright light shot out of the torch, and in a few seconds, a mirror was lying on the ground.

"How did you that?" DeWayne asked.

"Storage Device." Matt said, pointing to the little torch in his hand. "It stores whatever its light is shown at. For example, if I shine its light at a tree, that tree would disappear and move into this Storage Device. Then after I whisper 'Tree' to the Storage Device, it will appear again. A lot of useful gadgets are stored in it."

"Can we look through the Time Glass now?" Artie asked.

"Yeah, sure." Matt said. "Year 2067, Parker's Pizzeria."

The Time Glass showed a dark place where Helpers were roaming around.

"Helpers in this pizzeria?" Kyle said confusedly.

"They must have suspected Parker. Looks like we got him in trouble." Davis said sadly.