2

Ashley;

After 15 more minutes of driving, I reach the hotel. I stop and admire the surroundings.

"Welcome, Ms." The doorman greets politely. He grabs my bags and puts them in the lobby.

"We will bring your bags to your room for you. The check-in desk is right there," he says pointing to the check-in desk.

"Thank you," I mumble walking towards the desk where the lady smiles at me.

"Welcome, your name please?"

"Ashley Williams," I say.

"Hello Ms. Williams," she says pulling out her documents from under the table.

"You're renting an apartment, if I'm not mistaken?" She asks.

"Yep," I say slightly smiling.

"Perfect. We have hotel rooms on the left and apartments on the right, people get confused. Take a right from here and down the hall is the elevator. You're in room 224 on floor 2." She says grabbing something from under the desk.

"Here's your room key. If you need anything else don't be afraid to ask." She says sweetly. I thank her and walk to the elevator. I've always had a fear of elevators, so I grasp onto the handle bar on the side. When I arrive in the room, my bags are already there. I look around to see the apartment is very modern, with a big kitchen, living room and a flat screen TV. The windows went from the floor all the way to the roof. It was perfect. It all looked brand-new. The bedroom had a queen size bed with a walk-in closet and a big bathroom. There was even another TV on the wall in front of my bed. I plop myself down on the bed and call my Mom to thank her. I dial her number and she picks up after the second ring.

"Hey Mom! I just got into the apartment and its beautiful! Thank you so much for renting it for me! You know that you didn't have to rent me an apartment this nice." I laugh.

"I knew you'd love it Ash! And don't worry about it, it's my treat for you. How was the drive?" She asks curiously.

"It was, you know, driving. Not the greatest but it was totally worth it." I smile to myself.

"I'm happy to here that! I better get going. I have to finish up some work." Her expression turned from happy to sad.

"Mom are you okay?" I ask worriedly.

"Of course honey! I'm just stressed out, I have a ton of work to do and then I have to deliver it to my boss' office. It's hard being a business woman and making money to pay all the bills!" She says in sarcastic tone.

"That sucks Mom, but I know you can do it!" I say reassuringly.

"Thank you honey, love you."

I check the time on my phone and it's just after 2 PM. I didn't feel like doing much today, so I turn on the TV. I reluctantly get up to check the time on my phone. 6:25. Woah, I spent that much time doing nothing? I wasn't hungry so I decide to go to the pool for something to do. I slip on my bikini and put some shorts and a t-shirt over-top. I take the elevator to the pool. There was no one there except for some boys and a girl. I casually walk over to one of the pool chairs and sit down. I get really awkward when it comes to guys, so I just go on my phone and scroll through Instagram.