16

Ashley;

I quickly dial the police.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"Hello, t-there's someone breaking into my house, I don't know if they're armed or with other people. My address is 275 Riverstone Lane. Please hurry," I say.

"Someone will be there as soon as possible," they say.

I quickly hide in my closet, praying that Cameron is okay.

_____

Cameron;

I grip the bat firmly in my hands as I carefully walk down the stairs. I look around the whole main floor, checking the kitchen, living room, laundry room, and bathroom. Nothing. Suddenly, I hear footsteps behind me. Trusting my instinct, I turn to to be faced with a man that I've never seen before, but he seems so familiar. I struggle to push him over. His hands grip around my neck as I throw punches to his jaw. I just notice that he has a gun in hand. That's not good. I quickly hit him with the bat, knocking the gun out of his hands. I punch him in the face to keep him back from punching me, but he was much stronger. Anger took over me, all I wanted was to make sure he wouldn't get anywhere near Ashley. If he put one finger on her I'd kill him. He gets up from underneath me and pushes me back against the wall.

"Not so brave now, huh?" He yells in my face.

I try to push him off me but he has me pinned. He points the gun towards me.

"Sit." He points to a chair and I look down at it.

"I said, sit!" He yells and I angrily sit down, knowing there's nothing more I can do. I move the chair back and forth so he can't tie me up, but I couldn't resist for long. He ties my feet together with a rope and ties my arms behind the back of the chair.

"Where's Ashley?" He asks sternly, pointing the gun at me again.

"Who?" I ask.

"The one who lives here, dumbass, your girlfriend, I assume?"

"I don't have a girlfriend and I don't know an Ashley," I say angrily.

"You tell me right damn now where she is!" He yells and loads the gun.

"Right here," I hear her voice. I look up and see her standing near the wall with a knife.

"Ashley, glad you could join the party,"

"You're the one that was with my mom today! Her friend? Ha, you're the one who pretended to be my father, aren't you?!" She says angrily, shaking a bit.

"Oh, Ashley, you made it so easy. You even believed I was your father," he laughs.

"I only believed it because you made me believe it. Tell me right now, how did you get my phone number and how did you know I was in LA?"

"Your mom, silly. Don't you get it? The information was all right there in front of me. I was with your mom when she had her accident, her and I knew each other years ago, until I killed someone," he says smirking, obviously trying to scare us.

"Yeah, right." Ashley says, irritated.

"It's true. Of course your mother never knew about the murder I committed, that would ruin the fun, wouldn't it? I was with her when she crashed, I took her phone and got your phone number, knowing you would fall for my little plan since your father isn't around anymore. It wasn't hard tracking you down and following you here. Perhaps you know the man I killed, Derek Williams?" He asks chuckling, circling around Ashley.

Ashley's eyes widen.

"You killed him!" she yells, tears filling her eyes, too stunned to move. Killed who?

"You're smart, aren't you. Finally putting the pieces together," he says chuckling.

"I believed for years, that my father didn't care about me. But that wasn't the case. He's been dead all along. Because of you." She says, her voice barely audible.

She holds the knife up and he points his gun at her.

"You stay away from her!" I yell at him, moving the chair forward nearly a foot. I look down and see a knife by my feet, how did Ashley get it there without him and me noticing?

"You'll never get away with this!" Ashley yells furiously, still shaking a bit.

"Honey, I already have."

He throws her at the wall and pins her against it. I furiously jump out of the chair, the ropes I had cut, now pooled on the floor. The man points his gun at Ashley and looks at me. He quickly grabs her and throws her against the wall again, knocking her unconscious. I throw him into the wall this time, with all the force I could. I punch him over and over again, my knuckles turning red and already bruised. But with each punch he threw at me, the weaker I got, and as hard as I tried to protect Ashley, he had won this fight. Muffled siren noises came from outside. My vision got blurry, and that's when everything went black.

_____

Sorry for that lil' cliffhanger lol

I know I haven't updated for a month, sorry for that. I promise new chapters are coming soon!

-R