20

Cameron;

I regained my memory, but I will admit that I still feel like shit. My head aches and my whole body feels like I was hit by a car. Despite how I was feeling, I plastered a smile on my face and tried my best to be myself around Ashley. She needed me to be strong, so strong was what I was going to be.

We stayed with my mom for a few weeks to emotionally recover from the incident. By now, we've tried our hardest to forget. It was great to be home with my family and Jake and Jaxx. It was also really great to have Ashley meet my family and get to know them. My mom offered to have Ellen stay with her for a while until she finds her own place, she decided to try and find a condo for her and Ashley. The two of them are now good friends, which is perfect for Ashley and I.

"You think you've got everything?" my mom asked me, as Ashley and I put our things by the front door.

"I think so, but if not I'll be back when summer's over." We all share a laugh.

"Thanks so much for letting me stay with you," Ashley thanks my mom.

"It was wonderful to have you stay," my mom smiles.

Ashley says bye to her mom and hugs her.

"Thank you, see you later!"

"I'll drive," I offer.

"No it's okay, I'll drive. You drove last time, and you're injured. I can't let you drive."

"But I'm better now, your arm is still in a cast." I argue back.

"But-"

Before she can answer, I sprint to the driver's side.

She sighs and gets in the car.

"I would've opened your door for you, but you gave me no choice." I smile cheekily.

She crossed her arms and pouted.

I peck her on the lips until she finally cracks a smile.

I start the engine and begin the drive.

After a few minutes, she connects her phone to the bluetooth speakers and blasts the music.

It was a great day to drive, the sun was out and shining, our windows were down, and her hair that's always perfect was blowing in the wind. Everything about her was perfect, and I knew that from the first moment I met her. Her smile kept me going all this time, and I'm so thankful for her.