17

Ashley;

I slowly open my eyes, remembering everything that had happened as soon as I see where I am. The man is still here, with his back towards me. My vision still blurry and shaky, I squint to see what he's doing. He's standing above Cameron, who lays unconscious. My eyes immediately fill with tears and I try to force myself up. The police arrive and surround the living room, they handcuff the man and take him away.
After mostly regaining my vision, I get up and run to Cameron.
"Please be okay, please be okay. Oh my god, please, Cameron." I put my head over his heart, to see if it was still beating. No heartbeat, no pulse, nothing. The ambulance comes in a matter of minutes, bringing in all of their equipment.
"1, 2, 3, clear!" The paramedics say, zapping electricity through him. Nothing, still no heartbeat. After a couple tries, I lose hope. I let the rest of my tears escape. He's dead. He's really gone, and he's not coming back.
"I'm sorry," the paramedics say to me and start packing up their stuff. I turn away, putting a hand over my face in shock.
I hear Cameron's voice mumble something. I don't turn around, thinking that I'm just imagining him talking.
Then I hear him again. I turn around and see Cameron with his eyes slightly open. He looks around in confusion.
"Cameron, oh my god. You were dead, you were fucking dead, I can't believe it, your heart stopped beating." I ramble, in complete shock. I carefully hug him. The paramedics rush back over to.
"I'm okay." He says trying to get up.
"No, Cameron, you are not okay." I say, looking over at the paramedics in hopes that they'll say something.
Cameron looks down at himself, obviously not noticing the number of cuts and bruises on his fragile body.
"Cameron, we need to bring you to the hospital to run a few tests, you may have some broken bones and we need to bandage you up," one of the paramedics says softly.
He says nothing and allows the paramedics to help him into the ambulance. On the way to the hospital, I hold his hand, to let him know that I'm still with him.
At the hospital, nurses bring him to a room to check his injuries and do some tests. They bring me to another room to see if I have any serious injuries or anything wrong.
"You've definitely broken your wrist," the nurse says sympathetically. Other than that, I have a few bruises and cuts. I'm a lot more worried about Cameron, considering he was the one that was punching the living shit out of that man, and got the living shit beat out of him. The police ask me questions about what happened to help with their investigation.
"Ms. Ashley?" Another nurse asks me.
"That's me, how is Cameron?" I ask nervously.
"We bandaged up his injuries and he has a loss of memory due to hitting his head really hard. He doesn't remember much, but the good news is we think he'll regain memory in the next week."