6

Hey everyone! High school sucks...a lot. Hope you enjoy :)

-mendesflannel

Cameron;

I saw Ashley walk out of the apartment room while we were watching The Notebook. I was worried that something was wrong, so I followed her. I didn't want to eavesdrop, so I sat down outside the door of the apartment. She was walking down the hall while talking on her phone. She was crying. I wait until she's done on the phone and walk towards her.

"Ashley, are you okay?" I ask sitting down beside her.

"Yeah," she sighs.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask.

"C-can we get out of here first?" she asks, looking me in the eyes.

"Of course," I smile, helping her get up. We take the elevator to the main floor and walk out of the big glass doors, across the street to the beach.

"Is it alright if we sit here?" I suggest, trying to comfort her. She nods, and I help her sit down in the soft sand. I look down at her, her eyes red and puffy and she looked broken. Even with her makeup smudged and her hair a mess, she still looked beautiful.

"I always come to the beach when I need to blow off some steam. It's so soothing, the sound of the waves crashing, the salty air. It's my favourite place to be." I say, looking out into the dark horizon.

"Yeah, it is really nice," she replies faking a smile.

We sit there in silence, for what seems like hours. But I don't mind, it's a comfortable silence.

"So, um. Do you want to talk about it or no? I understand if you don't." I finally speak up, looking her in the eyes.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I got a call from my father, well, I don't even know if it was my father, but he said my Mom got in a car accident. She might not make it. I don't know if I should believe this man, I guess I'm just scared and confused." I don't know what to say, I don't want to say the wrong thing.

"I don't think you should worry Ashley. Even though I haven't met her, I'm sure she's a strong woman and can recover." I say, smiling at her. She returns the smile and replies, "thank you Cameron."

"About your father," I stop thinking it's most likely too personal.

"No, it's okay. I'll tell you." She takes a deep breath.

"While I was growing up, my parents didn't get along. They fought, constantly. They tried counselling, but nothing worked. One day, my father just left. With no explanation. I never heard from him, he never wrote, called, nothing." She says with a tear slipping out her eye and rolling down her cheek.

"Hey, it's okay. Don't cry." I say wiping her tears away with the pad of my thumb.

"Thank you for listening." She says softly.

"No problem, I'm here if you ever need anything." I smile, giving her a gentle side hug.

"Do you want to go back inside? We're going to order pizza." I suggest.

"Yeah sure, I love pizza!" She says laughing. "Although I might have to go soon, I'm so tired." She yawns.

"I can just carry you," I say softly chuckling.