19

Ashley;

We ended up leaving the hospital that evening, with both my mom and Cameron. We went back to the house to pack a few bags of clothes but couldn't stay there because the police told us to stay somewhere else. We decided to go stay with Gina and Sierra.

"I'm so glad you guys are staying with us," Gina says as her and Sierra help us with our bags.

"It's good to be here, thanks for letting us stay with you. I'm Ellen," my mom introduces.

"Pleasure to meet you. Come, make yourselves at home."

Jake and Jaxx jump on me as I enter the house.

"I'm sorry Ashley!" Sierra laughs.

"No worries, I love dogs!"

Sierra helps Cameron to his bedroom and I help my mom to our room.

We get our things settled and Gina serves us dinner. Cameron doesn't say a lot, but he tries to make conversation. After dinner, we're all exhausted and head to our rooms. I get ready and then check to see how Cameron's doing.

"Cam?" I call, seeing that he's not in bed.

"I'm just getting ready, I'll be out in a sec," he says from the bathroom.

I wait for him to finish up what he's doing and he comes out in only his boxers. He seems perfectly fine with me being there and he sits on his bed.

"Alright, you're all good? You don't need anything?" I ask awkwardly.

"I'm good, thanks Ash," he says, watching me closely.

"Um, okay, I'm gonna go," I say and awkwardly shuffle away.

"Wait, Ashley," he calls, looking at my wrist.

"Yes?"

"You're hurt," Cameron says, concerned.

"I'm fine, really," I say slightly smiling, not wanting to make a big deal out of it.

"I'm so sorry, Ashley, the last thing I wanted was for you to get hurt," he says, a tear rolling down his cheek.

"Y-you remember?" I ask, covering my mouth.

"It's already coming back to me. You hearing someone downstairs, the-the man, the-the fight, you getting hurt-" He rambles, but I cut him off.

"Cameron, stop. This is all my fault, how can I live knowing that you wouldn't of gotten hurt if you never met me? You would've never lost your memory, gotten injured this badly. God, I can't believe you're still here with me. It's all my fault." I say, tears streaming down my face.

He quickly wipes them away with the pad of his thumb.

"No, Ashley, don't say that. This was no one's fault, okay? You can't live your life in guilt thinking that this was your fault when it's really not. Sometimes things like this happen that are out of your control. Life has it's ups, and it has it's downs. You can't blame it on yourself. You want to know how I would feel if I never met you? Fuck, I can't even imagine where I would be if I never met you. During these past few months you've already made me a better person. You're my whole world and I can't thank you enough for all that you've done for me. And you want to know why I'm here with you?" he pauses, "Because I'm undeniably in love with you."

His words hit me hard. I feel like my stomach's been hit by a train going a thousand miles an hour. He's in love with me?

"I'm in love with you too." The words leave my mouth almost naturally, as fast as a rocket.

Our lips connect, sending shivers down my spine. The kiss quickly gets heated, but completely different than when we've kissed before. It was filled with passion and love, something I never thought I'd feel before.

"Okay, you've definitely gotten your memory back after that lecture." I laugh, breaking the kiss for a second.

"I do, I remember," he smiles into the kiss.

"Ash, I told you everything would be okay, that I'd come back for you, I didn't break my promise, and I never will."