12

Ashley;

The next morning, I smile at the thought of mine and Cameron's date. Then I remember, my mom. According to the man who told me he's my father, she's almost ready to leave the hospital. I know for a fact that my mom really is in the hospital, because later on the hospital called me and my aunt did too. If this man really is my father, I guess I should give him a chance to prove himself. I hesitantly forgave him, telling him if he screwed up again that was it. It is weird that he has my number, who knows how he got it. I was interrupted from my thoughts by my phone ringing.

"Hello, Ms. Ashley?" a woman asks on the other line.

"Hello? Who is this?" I ask confused.

"The hospital. We're looking after your mom, remember?"

"Oh, yeah. Can I speak to her?" I ask, hoping she'll say yes.

"Sorry Ashley, she's not doing too good." she says. I sit up in my bed in shock.

"W-what do you mean? You said she was better?" I ask stuttering.

"The surgery didn't go well. You need to come home for a bit, as soon as possible."

"Uh, yes, of course." I say and hang up. I quickly pack my bag with a few things, not wanting to pack it all, and run to Cameron's apartment. I knock on the door and he immediately answers.

"Hey Ash. Are you okay?" he asks engulfing me in a hug.

"I-it's my Mom. I-I need to go home for a bit." I try to say.

"Hey, shh." he says comforting me. "Calm down, it's going to be okay."

I try my best to stop crying and wipe my tears. I close my eyes and calmly say,

"Cameron, I need to go back to San Diego."