14

Ashley;

When we got to the hospital, the lady at the front desk took us to my mom's room where the doctor was.

"I think I'll wait out here, call me if you need anything," Cameron says giving me a reassuring smile.

I walk inside the small room.

"Oh my gosh, mom." I gasp looking at her lifeless-looking body on the hospital bed.

"You must be Ashley," the doctor says shaking my hand.

"How is she?" I ask.

"She had surgery this morning. She lost a lot of blood and we're not sure how stable she is," He says

I'm too stunned to speak. I hold my Mom's hand.

"Why aren't you damn sure if my mom's stable? Can't you tell me if she's going to live or die!" I yell angrily.

I feel someone holding me back, I turn to see a man that was in the room earlier.

"Ashley, calm down." He says.

Cameron comes running through the doors.

"And you are?" I ask him.

"I'm your mother's friend." He says, looking away. His voice sounds familiar, but I can't quite piece it together.

Cameron wraps his arms around me tightly.

"Please, please, tell me if she's going to die," I say, barely audible, tears welling my eyes.

"Ashley, I know how scared you must be, but we can't always tell if patients are stable or not, as soon as we find out we'll let you know. Your mother is very strong and healthy, she has a really good chance of living." The doctor says calmly.

I nod and continue to shake under Cameron's hold.

After sitting with my mom for awhile, the doctor comes back in.

"Could you two please step out of the room for a few minutes? We are checking her blood level and I'll let you know what I find," the doctor says giving us a reassuring smile. We walk outside the room and sit in the chairs.

"So we have good news. I just did a blood test and your mother's doing a lot better than before," he says and hands us my mom's papers.

"She's able to go home tomorrow evening, as long as she has someone to look after her for a bit," he says smiling.

"Oh my gosh, thank you," I say to the doctor.

"Do you have a place to stay? I heard that you were spending the summer in Los Angeles," The doctor asks.

"Yeah, we can just go to my house, well, my mom's." I say smiling.

The doctor nods and leaves.