15

Ashley;

The drive to my house was mainly silent except for the conversation Cameron was trying to make.

"Ashley, wake up we're here," Cameron says in almost a whisper.

I must've fallen back asleep because Cameron picks me up bridal-style and brings me to the house.

"Cameron!" I scream, "put me down!"

"At least you're awake now," he says grinning.

Cameron goes back to the car to get the rest of the bags. I grab my keys from my bag to open the house when I hear a branch snap beside my house. I ignore it, deciding that it's probably just an animal. We walk inside and I look the door behind me.

"I guess I should give you a quick tour, so you don't get lost or something," I tell Cameron, laughing.

_____

"And this is my room," I say, turning on the lights and putting my bag on the floor.

Cameron walks around, looking at pictures of me as a kid and of me, my mom and a few of my friends.

"You can stay in here or in the guest bedroom across the hall." I say to Cameron.

"Are you seriously asking me to choose between sleeping in the same bed as my perfect girlfriend or sleeping alone in a room that could be haunted?" He asks laughing.

"Because I'd definitely choose to sleep alone in the haunted guest bedroom," he says smirking and walks into the room.

I laugh and change into a t-shirt and shorts. I walk across the hall to Cameron's room to check on him. The lights are turned off. Weird. I check to see if he's asleep, but the bed's empty.

"Cam?" I whisper. No answer.

"Cameron this isn't funny," I say, getting nervous.

I hear footsteps on the main floor, as I start to head for the hallway, I feel a pair of arms wrap around me. I jump and then realize it's Cameron.

"Boo," he whispers into my neck.

I freeze in my spot.

"Cameron." I whisper sternly.

"Yes, baby?" he asks kissing my cheek.

"I, I just heard footsteps on the main floor thinking it was you, but you're here,"

"Are you sure you're not imagining-" He stops talking when we hear the footsteps again.

"Cam, what do we do?" I ask, starting to shake.

"Ash, you hide, I'll get whatever, whoever's down there, out of here," he says and I can sense his fear.

"Cam, I can't let you get hurt. I need you." I say, my grasp on him getting tighter.

"It's going to be okay, as scared as I am, I need to do this."

"At least take this," I say, passing him a baseball bat, "and promise me I'll see you soon."

He takes it and kisses my cheek.

"I promise."

And with that, he was gone.