Trial

The room is full again, the judge is in her chair, and we are all seated. Mr. Matthew's told us to be prepared for Christian to be called up at some point and that Kenneth would most likely be the last one questioned.

As soon as Judge Martha asked Mr. Lawson who he would like to take the stand, with out skipping a beat he said, "Christian Grey."

"Mr. Grey, how do you know my clients?"

"The same way my wife does, although after Mr. Hyde's termination it was brought to my attention that he and I shared a foster home." As Christian continues to be questioned I feel a pull on my arm and look down at Kenneth who motions me closer. He stretches up to whisper in my ear.

"Does that mean Daddy was a adopted." I nod and it looks like a puzzle piece clicks in his mind. "Just like me?" I smile and smooth his hair over, whispering back.

"Yes, just like you." I turn my attention back to my husband and almost fall out of my seat when I hear the next words  come from Mr. Lawson's mouth.

"Mr. Grey, is it true that you lived a rather...active, hardcore, sexual life style?" The jury gasps.

Oh shit. This can not be happening. Not in front of everyone. Not here.

Christian's face turns into one I have only seen a handful of times and once again Mr. Matthew's is out of his seat.

"Your Honor, he is badgering the defendant. What does this have anything to do with the case at hand?"

"Mr. Lawson." Judge Martha speaks out, but the man's eyes stay locked on Christian's. "This is the second time you have stepped out of line in questioning." It's obvious that she doesn't know what Mr. Lawson is alluding to, but that still does not explain why Christian's sex life would come up.

"If you absolutely insist on me answering that question I'll answer, on the record, in a private chambers." Christian sneers at the man.

"There will be no need for that Mr. Grey." Judge Martha speaks up.

"No further questions." What was he trying to prove? The fucker. Mr. Matthew's stands up and starts his questions.

"Christian, tell me about your work."

"I started building Grey Enterprises Holdings when I was young, thanks to a good friend, at the time, who gave me a loan to start it up-" Christian continues to explain his work, how it got started, as well as his college experiance and majors. Judge Martha wears an impressed look.

Yup, that's my husband.

"Now, how is your marriage with Mrs. Grey?"

"Almost twenty years strong." Christian looks at me and smiles. "We've had our difficulties, not so much with each other or at each other, just in general, but other than that, our marriage has been pretty amazing."

Mr. Matthew's rest back against the table.

"How about the kids? Tell us about them."

"Well, our first son, Teddy, was conceived soon after we wed. His sister Phoebe was born two years after Teddy. Our youngest was born about two years ago, completely caught us by surprise, then we adopted Kenneth." I hear something like a snicker come from the other side of the room. When I look over, Jack is "scratching" his nose to hide a smile.

"We've made sure all our kids have had the best education, usually starting out being home schooled, but they've all been very successful." Christian answers and Mr. Matthew's nod his head.

"Thank you Mr. Grey." He looks over at the judge. "No more questions."

"You may step down, Mr. Grey." Judge Martha excuses him from the stand. My husband takes his seat beside Kenneth once again before Mr. Lawson calls his next witness, his own client.