Date 2.0

((I imagine him giving her this look during the date. So dreamy! ))

 "Kate, what am I doing?"

"The only part of this plan that was scripted was his interview. You two have grown, changed, even if he has gone back to before, this time won't be like last time. Let the old Christian meet the new Ana, maybe you can pull some stuff from him. Don't stress over this."

"But-"

"Think of it as a recreation of your first date. It's almost like renewing wedding vows." I sigh, giving into defeat. Kate is right. What do I really have to stress over? Kate and Elliot are here to keep an eye on Juliet and Kenneth while Phoebe, Alexander, Ava, and Navy go hang out and Teddy caught a virus or something so Sophie is taking care of him. Everything is under control.

I check the clock 10:00, my departure time nearing. I also see three new texts.

Taylor is sending me constant updates on Christian ever since he woke. He seems to be just as nervous as I am, of course he is better at hiding it though.

"I feel sick." I groan, taking a sip of my tea. Kate's old recipe.

"Then go get sick, clean yourself up and go get your man back."

"You give the best pap talks." I say in a monotone voice.

"What would you do without me? Now get everything together and leave already, I know you'll be sitting out in the car for at least five minutes. We got everything covered here." I nod, looking over towards my charming brother-in-law arm wrestle his nephew on the floor while his niece attempts to stand in her play pen to watch them.

"Okay, thank you guys so much." I round the counter and give Kate a big hug.

"Anytime, I love you."

"I love you too." She kisses my head and I walk to the door.

"Kenneth, I'm leaving. Behave." I call out.

"Ugh...okay, Momma...ahh...I will." He shouts back, his sentences chopped up with painful groans. Elliot better not tear his arm off.

I sit long in the car, wanting to get this wait over with and wanting to see his face in person again.

A text from Taylor comes through.

From Taylor: Mr. G has left. Insisted on driving himself.

All of this is becoming too real.

I park across the street, looking around for Christian's car before getting out. I don't see his car around, but I do see him. He is standing by the front door, arms crossed, shoulder against the cement wall.

My heart starts to race.

He is beautiful.

I attempt to exit the car as gracefully as I can, not wanting to cause a scene with my clumsiness again, and with my mind as scattered as it is, it won't be hard for me to trip over air.

As I cross the road in an awkward jog, Christian's eye finds me. Our eyes meet.

His face softens, he stands up straight, shoulders back, a satisfied look in his eyes.

"Good morning, Anastasia. It's lovely to see you again." His eyes dance as he takes in my appearance, lips stretching into a flirtatious smirk.