For Your Eyes Only

((The title only makes sense if you listened to the song mentioned in the previous chapter.))

I can't take my hands off him in fear that once I'm not touching him he will disappear. Both of our eyes have dried up by now and we are wrapped around each other in pure bliss under the satin sheets.

His head is on my chest, his leg resting heavily between mine. Neither of us have found our voice yet, simply loving the feel of being together again.

His grip hasn't loosened a bit.

One of my hands is running through his lush hair, smoothing it away from his face. The other hand is tracing patters on his arm resting on my belly.

"Ana?" His voice is scratchy and he wiggles closer to me, if that's even possible. I hum. "How much did I forget, exactly? I know I forgot you, and – damn, I've been going to work and no one has said a thing to me." I'm not sure if he in talking to me or thinking aloud. "Now that I think about it," He sits up enough to look around the room. "Where is all your stuff. The pictures of – shit! The kids?"

He looks up at me like I just told him Santa isn't real. I swallow.

"What are we still doing here?" He goes to throw the sheets off our entangled bodies, but I stop him. I squeeze his forearm.

"Christian," He looks at me with millions of questions in his expression. I don't know if I can even begin to answer one. "I just got you back." I choke back the tears. "It's been a long couple of weeks. I told the kids, well the older ones, about you. They know. Please, can we just stay here, pretend there isn't a care in the world, and just hold each other... because I've missed my husband." He rolls back over, putting all his weight on his elbows and hovering above me.

"Oh, Ana." His thumb swipes across my cheek, spreading a stray tear. Christian stoops down, capturing my quivering lips with his. When he pulls away, I rub my nose with his.

"Should we get back to what I brought you in here for?" I laugh, a genuine laugh.

"As much as I have been craving that since you were released from the hospital, I just want to lay with you." I speak in all honesty. Christian nods before taking his previous place next me, pulling my head to his chest.

"Of course." He kisses my hair and I close my eyes, taking a deep breath.

It's okay. Everything it back how it should be. I have never felt like this before in my life. The stress and tension had built up so much it feels like a literal one thousand pounds have been lifted from my shoulders. There is so much to catch Christian up on. I can't wait till he comes home.

"I can't wait to see the kids in the morning." He whispers. I nod in agreement, but I do a double take.

"Christian, they haven't seen you in two weeks, they haven't talked to you in a month. I don't know if it would be best for you to come home tomorrow." I look up, running my fingers through the tuff of hair on his chest.

"What? After everything I'm sure they have been through, you're not going to let me see them tomorrow?"

"Well, not first thing in the morning. You just came back, and there is so much I need to tell you before you see them again." He huffs and stares at the ceiling. "Depending on how tonight went I was going to go to work tomorrow. How about we spend the day together, catching you up, replacing all of the tings I had to pack up from here and your office? I can give a heads up about you, and tomorrow we can have a family dinner. All seventeen of us."

"Seventeen?" His lips turn up at the corner.

"I assumed you would want to see your parents and siblings as well." He nods in agreement and I watch his eye lids start to droop.

"It's been a long day, you need rest." He looks down at me and smiles.

"I just need you right now. Go to sleep if you want to." He kisses my forehead. "I'll be here when you wake up." I nod and snuggle in closer to him.

"Christian."

"What is it?" He murmurs against my skin.

"Don't leave me."

"Never." I look up, still convinced this isn't real. It's too perfect.

"Promise?" A tear falls from my eye.

"Promise."

(( Once again, short. I know. Thanks for keeping up though. Next chapter should be a bit longer.

If you listened to the song, what did you think?))