Recess

(( I made 2 small change to the cast list [in case any of you bother to look] I picture Matthew Daddario [Shadowhunters] as Alexander. It might be because he plays a character named Alec/Alexander, I'm not sure. Then again, he is just really attractive. And I changed Sophie to Gabriella Wilde. Gigi just wasn't who I pictured anymore.))

Sophie's POV

As soon as the judge calls a recess, I practically run out the door to follow Teddy.

I look around the entryway, people coming in and going out the front doors, a river of people parting behind me from dispersing from the courtroom. I can't find him. As I walk to the front doors, I pull my phone from my purse and call him. I hear his ringtone close to a bush just outside the front doors.

"Hey." I come up to him, placing my phone back in the purse. His elbows are rested on his knees and his eyes are fixed on the ground. "Teddy?" I take a seat on the bench next to him, wrapping my arm around his back. He still doesn't say a word. "Teddy, please look at me. Are you okay?"

"Fuck no." He growls and I instinctively back away from him. "I don't want to listen to that. I didn't know that piece of shit did that to my mom, even if it was years ago. I can't-" His voice rises with each word until he catches a few people's attention and he stops. "I can't listen to what my brothers life was before he had us. I don't even want to think there is a possibility that those two-"

"Hey." I pull his head to my shoulder and hug him close. "Everything is going to be alright. Your parents would be damned if they let anything happen to Kenneth." I kiss his ear and rub his back. When he's had enough he pulls back and a look of sudden guilt glazes his eyes. What is it?

"I'm sorry." I start to pull my hands away from him, but he locks them down. "I didn't want you to find out about Genevieve like that. Sophie, I am so sorry." I feel tears build in my eyes and I shake my head.

"It was way before we got together." Do I really care?

"I know, but I still should have told you."

"Did you get together with her?" He doesn't hesitate, and that washes away some of my worry.

"No. Hell no."

"Then it's fine." He tilts my chin up and looks me in the eye. "Really. I trust you. You've given me no reason not to. Besides, I know you don't have a thing for redheads." I shrug, trying to lighten the mood, and it works when he lets out a small chuckle. Oh my God, does he not like redheads because of her?

"You're right. I'm kind of really hooked on this one blonde." He smiles and pushes a stray curl behind my ear.

"Oh really, what's she like?" I smirk and his eyes dance with amusement.

"She's funny, absolutely gorgeous, she's great with kids." He leans in to my ear, away from the passersby. "She's fucking amazing in bed." I feel my stomach drop and a dark desire pool in the deepest depths of me. I wish we were home. "Let me rephrase that, she's amazing to fuck in bed."

"Teddy-" It comes out as a whispered moaned.

"And I hope someday I can ask her to spend the rest of her life with me." Woah.

What?

Way to shift gears.

"What?" I pull away from him and there is a mischievous grin on his face. "You want to..." He nods and I look as if the right words will be flying around. A thought comes to mind, and my mouth besides to voice it before I can think it over. "You know there is a courthouse right there." Now he's the one that look taken back.

"Are you serious?"

"Were you?"

"Well, yes, but..." He trails off before a laugh erupts from his lips and he kisses me passionately, not caring who around us will see. "I love you Sophie Taylor, and I love that you're all for being spontaneous, but if it's going to happen, I want to do it the right way." What? "I want to ask your father for permission. I want to get you a ring worthy to be worn by you.  I want to get down on one knee and pour my heart out to you so there will be absolutely no chance of you saying no." I feel the tears again. "I want our families to be a part of it. I want it to be all hearts and flowers for you."

"Teddy-" He cuts me off with a kiss again.

"Mentioning family, here mine comes." He looks past me, over my shoulder, as do I and sure enough, Ana and Christian come walking out with the rest of the crew trailing behind them.

"Teddy?" Ana asks and I stand from the bench to give her room to talk to her son. I move to stand next to Phoebe and Alexander. Immediately they ask what he talked to me about. All I let them know was that hearing all that stuff made him upset. I turn my attention back to the pair on the bench and feel Christian's eyes on me. Sure enough, when I look up he is looking at me. He gives a slight nod with his head as do I.

"Honey, are you okay?" Her hand moves his hair from his face and he nods. Kenneth comes and stands in front of him, tapping his knee and motioning him to bend forward. When he does he whispers something in his ear causing Teddy to give a hug and whisper something back in his ear.

"How many more minutes do we have?" He asks and his father looks down at his wrist.

"About five minutes." Teddy nods and stands, as does Ana.

"I guess we can get back in there." Christian nods and takes his wife's hand, Kenneth grabbing Ana's other hand. Teddy swipes mine from my side and brings it to his lips, his sister and her man walking front of us.

"Have I mentioned how much I love you?" He asks. I smile and reach up to kiss his cheek.

"I love you too." He takes a deep breath before we enter the building his grip growing tighter.

((I'm trying to write more on this, I hope you liked this chapter! Oh and if you celebrate it....HAPPY EASTER WEEKEND!))