Chapter 3 - Pancakes

Trevor finally asks me to be his date on Prom. Which is no surprise because he’s my boyfriend & I know he’s really going to ask me? I walk inside my walk-in-closet & stare at the dress I'm going to wear on Prom night. Yes! The perfect dress, the dress that I have always wanted! Red in color, above the knee in front & long waves on its back looking all good with the shiny shimmering silver sequence & glitters on it. Thanks mum! Thanks dad! You guys are the best. As I stare at my beautiful dress, my phone rings, it's my best friend calling. I forgot that we're going to buy shoe today. Shoot. Now I know she's so piss. Twenty messages? I answer the call "B! Don't tell me you forgot again? Ugh!"

"I'm on my way, Faye. Relax." I grab my keys & leave my room. "Stop lying. I'm outside your house. I'm going in." I hang up the phone & quickly run downstairs. Mom's busy cooking breakfast while dad's watching basketball. "Sweet Pea, Boston's winning the game against Lakers!" I stop and look at the television. "That's good news! Finally, now that's what you call "Basketball"!" the doorbell ring. I forgot Faye's outside our house. I open the door & there's my best friend on her BB, texting, I don't know maybe flirting with boys. "It's freezing cold. Do you want me to get in?" She pushes her bag to me and walks inside my house. "Good morning Mr. & Mrs. Montgomery! Ooh! That smells good!" Mom waves her hand to Faye. "Hi Faye! Just in the right time, I've cooked pancakes. Maybe you can join us for breakfast?" I give Faye a look, a look that's saying her to say NO! "Of course! I would love to, Mrs. Montgomery!"

            While eating, Faye seems to enjoy the pancakes Mom cooked. Dad hated pancakes; he told me once that he saw Grandma putting boogers on the pancake batter, that's why he never eats pancakes. But I love pancakes especially when mom does it. I don't know what kind of ingredients she puts in there but, God, it taste like heaven! "Mom, you just nailed this pancake again!" Dad's eating a strawberry & banana. "Pancakes are disgusting!" "Mr. Montgomery, you should taste it. Your wife cooks like a pro-chef! This pancake is a 5-star!" Faye says. "Yeah. Yeah. I'm glad you're enjoying it, Faye. You can eat for as long as you like. Okay, I'll be at the living room. I'm going to watch basketball. Boston against Lakers. What is your bet, Faye?" Dad says. "Boston, sir. Always will!" Faye says with her mouthful of pancake. "That’s a very good choice! Now that's why I like her, Sweet Pea!" Dad leaves the dining. I grab a glass & pour milk on it. "Faye, do you want milk?"

"No, thank you. I'll have water instead." Mom grabs my plate & Faye's. "So Faye, what are your plans after graduation?" Mom asks. "Oh Mr. Montgomery, I always wanted to design clothes. After graduation, I want to go to London and study there. I just hope Nana agrees with me." Faye answers. College? Without Faye by my side, I think it's going to be a tough one. She's my best friend & my sister. We become best friends last year but it feels like I've known her forever. It all started with this boy band name XLR8, I like the band & she likes it too. We were classmates so whenever there's a gossip or news or updates about XLR8 we would talk non-stop. I know it's silly but she's a very cool person, she listen to my problems, she makes me happy, she's someone I can trust, she's always there whenever I need her or when I don't need her. She's just always there. But Fashion School is not me. I always wanted to go to Med School. It's my dream to become a doctor. And yes, after graduation I'm going to a Med School and no one's stopping me. "B, let's go?" Faye asks me while eating strawberry. I check my phone to see if there are any messages or calls Trevor left & there's one missed call. "Let me just call Trev." I dialed Trevor's number & call him. He answers his phone "Hey Babe! I called earlier. Did you see it?" I put him on loudspeaker. "You're on loudspeaker, babe. Mom & Faye's here." Faye signals me to hurry up. "Hi Mrs. Montgomery!" Trevor greets Mom.

"Hello there, Trev!"

"What? No greetings for me Trev?" Faye asks & gives me a look. "Faye. Scoot off!" I give Faye a sarcastic smile. "Where going shopping today. Do you wanna come with us?"

"Eew, B! No. He's not coming with us! It's our date! Besides we haven't got a date since Trevy Douche became your boyfy.”

 "That's loud & clear. You can shut up now, Faye. I really wish I could but Dad asks me to play golf with him." Faye gives me a smile like she has won a lottery. "All right! Tell Wesley I said "Hi" though!"

"Sure thing, babe. I love you."

"Love you too." I hang up the phone. "Okay, that was gross! Eew! Next time, don't call him when I'm with you."

"Mom, we're leaving." Mom gives me & Faye a kiss. "Be home before 7."

"No worries." As we walk out of the dining dad shouts "Yeah! Boston won! Faye, Boston won!" Faye quickly glances at the TV. "Loser Lakers! Goodbye, Mr. Montgomery! See you later!" Dad waves his hand. "Goodbye girls, have fun shopping!"

On our way to the mall, Faye's busy putting a makeup. "B, can you slow down a bit? I'm putting make up. You're making it hard for me." Instead of slowing down, I pull the car over & wait for her to finish. "Why did you stop?" Faye asks. "Faye, are you excited about the prom?" I ask her as I watch her do her makeup. "Honestly, no."

"Why? I though you always wanted to attend prom?

"Yeah. That's before I knew I'll be the queen every now & then. Homecoming queen. Juniors Prom queen. You see B, call me bitch or whatever. But I got a feeling I'll be the queen again, this time."

"You think so?"

"I know so! Why? Aren't you excited?"

"I am! In fact, I am nervous." I bite my nails and watch the other cars pass us.

"Eeeeew, B! You should stop that habit of biting your nails. Why are you even nervous? It's just a prom. Besides you're coming with a date. You look good, you're beautiful. So what's the problem?" Faye looks at me and raises her browse then she continues to put make up. "I don't know. Everything seems to be perfect. I guess, I don't wanna screw this up." I pop my purse and look for my lipstick. "The only thing screwing this up is you, B. Chill your ass off. You'll be fine. We'll be the center of attraction tomorrow. You trust me, right?" I look at Faye and I think she's right. I am over thinking again. I should relax. This is our last prom, so I should make the most out of it. But I'm not going to lose my virginity. Or I will? I don't know but that's the last thing I want to happen. Trevor loves me, I know that he will understand me and he's willing to wait. "All right. I'm done. Ugh! B, you should get this fuckin heater fixed! It's freezing cold!" Faye complains while rubbing her hands. "You should get a car."