Chapter 8 - Truth

I have a plan & I hope it will work. But right now, my plan's not going well because of this bastard. "I can't do that, Bianca! Are you insane? I killed you. How'd you think they would react?" He throws his phone on his king-size enormous bed. "Just like every parent out there. Yes, they might send you in jail. But,"

"But what, Bianca?"

"But I will come and get you."

"It's not like you're still alive. You're D-E-A-D, Bianca. How are you suppose to get me out of the jail. It's a murder that I commit. I didn't just steal your belonging. I took away your life!" I touch his shoulder. For the first time, I never thought I would be touching this evil's body part. He's right, he committed a murder but we have to do this or it's never. "You have to trust me, Luigi." He sits down & takes a deep breath. "I'm gonna do it. But please, don't let me rot in jail." He smiles at me. Thank God, he finally agrees. I smile back at him & hold his hands. "Now, get a piece of paper & a pen. I'm going to tell what to write & make sure your penmanship doesn't suck."

Luigi & I are outside my house. I can feel he's nervous, I can hear his heart beating fast. Ever since I died, I can hear heartbeats everywhere & it's amazing. It's incredible. It just sucks I can't hear my own heartbeat. He shakes his hands & slaps his own face. Is he a freak? Why would he do that? He's crazy. "You better be ready. My father loves to watch action movies. And he's a bit aggressive sometimes." He shot me a look. Looks like he's about to shit his pants. "Wow. That really helps. Thank you." I roll my eyes. "Now, ring the doorbell. Good luck."

Dad opens the door, he stares at Luigi from head to toe. "Who are you? What do you want, kid?" Luigi looks at me. I can tell he's scared. Oh he better be. "Sir, I... Uhm... Ahh... Geez." He's sweating like a pig. Go on, asswipe. Do it. Do it! Damn it! "Kid, I don't have much time. I'm watching a game." "Sir, I'm Luigi Guadagnino. I... I own the car that crashed Trevor's car. I was drunk that night & I might be the one who accidently killed your daughter." And there goes my dad, beating him up. Ugh, this is awful. I feel bad for Luigi, but my parents deserve to know the truth. "You took away the only person I care most about! I fuckin raised her & took care of her for 17years & you're the only one who's going to take my daughter away from me & my wife? She doesn't deserve to die! She could be right here, if you didn't drive drunk. You sick bastard!" And bam! Over bam! Over bam! Over bam! I'm sorry Luigi. Dads stops & kneel down on the ground crying. Oh daddy. I feel week seeing my dad like this. I hold Luigi up & wipe the blood away from his face. "Give it to daddy." I whisper him. "Sir, I'm so sorry. I know it's my fault & trust me, I couldn't get a good night sleep every night. My conscience is eating me. That's why I'm making up for your daughter. Here, she wants me to give you this letter." Luigi gives the letter to my dad. Dad opens the letter & reads it.

Daddy, I miss you. I think about you and mom every god damn second. I miss you so much guys. And it hurts me to see you this way. Mom loves you, dad. And I love you too. I'm not going anywhere; I'm always here beside you. Protecting you, guiding you & loving you. Dad, I know Luigi's responsible for my death but give him a chance. He's sorry for everything that has happened & he's making up for it... By giving you this letter & by telling you the truth. Dad, I'm always here for you & mom. I will never leave you, I love you. Why would I leave you? Give the guy a chance dad. If you don't believe this letter, I'll prove it to you. If you send him to jail, I'll make you bail him out. Here, watch the game tomorrow. It's Celtics against Miami. Miami will suck scoring 103 over 104. It's a close game. But if I am right, you're going to set him free. Believe me, daddy. And go apologize to mom. She's hurt because she loves you. I love you, Dad. Always, Sweet Pea.

Come on, dad. Believe me. Please. "Do you think I would believe this shit?" Luigi hands his phone over to dad. "Call 911. Tell them to come and get me. But you have to believe that. And if she's right, you know where to find me, sir." Dad punches Luigi in the face one last time & calls 911. "Yeah. I got to report something. I found the kid who owns the car. All right. I'll be waiting." Luigi looks at me. He's all beat up. I feel sorry for him. I do. "Thank you." I whisper him. He smiles back at me. I hold his hand and this time..tightly.