Chapter Twenty-Three.

“Actually the bad news is, plural.” He muttered smiling awkwardly, I rolled my eyes and slouched further into my seat.

            “Would you tell me already!” I whined with a chuckle.  He frowned more and I titled my head in confusion.

            “Go on. .” I said quickly getting impatient with the moments of silence.

            “Firstly, your evil cousin in staying with us for a while. . . she arrives on the week-end. .and secondly I’m going away on a business trip for two weeks on Friday so I won’t be here when your cousin arrives.” He grumbled frowning more, then muttered under his breath,

“Thank God.”  My father was going away for two weeks, that good news! Party! But. . .lord my evil cousin, Haley. I thought I said my goodbyes to her when we were ten, and we decided we hated each other and that we hope we never met again. Obviously the years of excuses had not been enough. I groaned loudly and arched my back with a sigh.

            “Well wont this be interesting.” I muttered under my breath and cursed quietly.

            “Well thanks. . .actually no thanks your just agreed to bringing the devil into our household, I can already free the dark aura shifting around our house!” I squealed as I swung my arms around like a lunatic. Just great. . .

            “Well Dad, thanks for the great evening! I think I’ll just die now.” I grumbled sarcastically  as I strode out of the room hearing a faint sigh from behind me, I ignored it as I trotted up the stairs angrily. I huffed out an annoyed sigh as I marched through my room and slammed the door shut. I cringed as it made an sharp ‘Bang!’. I flopped myself onto my bed and stretched my arms up. A disgusting smell drifted up my nostrils, I followed the smell as it lead to my armpits.

            “Gross.” I shivered as I pulled my fingers through my hair feeling the grease slip through my fingers.  Shower needed desperately.

I quickly lifted myself off my bed and prodded to the bathroom, feeling the cold titles touch my naked feet caused me to shiver once again. I stripped from my clothing and popped them in the laundry basket. I switched on the shower and dragged my body hesitantly over the warm water which trickled down her body soaking her hair and body with the comfort of warm water. Once I finished cleansing my body and washing my tight curls I slowly slipped out the shower draping around my hair and wrapping another towel around my body. Feeling now refreshed I walked out my bathroom suite only looking forwards to see my dresser. I sighed as I opened my dresser and pulled out my rose red silk nightie and my lacy underwear. With my towel still tightly wrapped around my body I felt a sudden chill, a drift from my bedroom window probably. I shivered and I turned around and screamed.

Ryan was scrawled out on my bed, wide eyed staring at me. I felt very exposed as I clamped a hand over my mouth and tucked my underwear behind my back.

            “Honey are you ok?” my dad shouted anxiously from underneath my feet. I swallowed my fear with a gulp. It was just Ryan, but what the hell was he doing in my room?

            “I’m fine, just saw a spider. But it’s gone now!” I replied with a shout. My eyes widened as Ryan relaxed into my bed, inhaled the scent of my duvet.

            “Ryan what the hell!” I whispered harshly as I marched over to him. He cringed rolling over,

            “Stop shouting.” He said sloppily, the smell of alcohol entered my nostrils causing me to flinch. God he’s drunk.

            “Ryan why are you here?” I whispered slowly as I turned him over so he faced me. I sucked in a breath. He obviously climbed through the window, but seriously while he’s drunk, that’s so dangerous.

            “I’m. . .sorry.” he said whilst wiping his drool from his chin, I shivered in disgust. How romantic.

            “It’s ok Ryan, I’m sorry too.” I whispered hugging him tightly.

            “That’s all I wanted to say. . .I’ll . .leave now.” He whispered raising to him feet stumbling. I jumped up as he made it too the window.

            “No, no you can’t go in your state, you’ll stay here tonight.” I whispered as I tightened my towel around me as I quickly shut the window and slipped my hand into his. He smiled as I dragged him to the bed and lay him gently down. He flipped onto my bed releasing my hand. I smiled at how peacefully he looked as his eyes fluttered instantly. Once I was sure he was asleep I quickly changed into my underwear and nightie then pulled my hair into a messy bun and locked my bedroom door.

I hesitantly walked over to the peaceful figure that lay on my bed, I sucked in a sharp breath as I awkwardly lay down and peeled the duvet over our bodies. I could hear his faint snores as I hugged my pillow, desperately trying to deny the fact that my best friend laid next to my half-naked body in my bed. I tried to shake off that horrible intoxicated breath that hovered around his body. I tossed myself over so that I was facing him, his eyes were shut he looked so tranquil resulting in the soft raise and fall of his chest as he slept. I sighed dreamily as seeing him immediately made me more relaxed. I pulled myself towards his hard chest hesitantly as the smell of alcohol was replaced by the comforting smell of his body. I snuggled closer enjoying his soothing warmth that seemed to radiate off his chest. He groaned softly as his arm wrapped around me holding me too his chest protectively. I panicked, god was he wake?

            “Ryan?” I whispered slowly, he was perfectly still and relatively quiet, all you could hear was the graceful breathing against my damp hair. Thank god he’s asleep.

            “Thank you Ryan for always looking out for me.” I whispered as I snuggled closer feeling so safe and warm. My eyes began to flutter as I was pulled into a harmonious sleep.

sorry took me so long to upload, so so very sorry :(

What did you think of that chappie? interresting enough? :D