Chapter Seven - The People We Thought We Knew

A/N: Just so you know, I love you guys. I don't have time to edit this chapter though so it probably has a lot of mistakes. I apologize I just don't have any time. I just wanted to make sure I got this up for my loyal fans. I hope you enjoy!

Chapter Seven - The People We Thought We Knew

I was watching Liam as he watched the world speed by him in the black hummer we now drove. I had left my mask on in the off chance that someone was to pull us over. He was fiddling around his the brief case and the bag of stolen science we had managed to retrieve from the P. P. A. laboratory.

As we continued to drive, I also seemed to know I was getting to our first check point where Ethan would be waiting for us. He seemed to be in my head a lot like he was trying to find something.

Brushing the feeling off that I was being monitored in my head now, I turned back to Liam.

"Hey, are you ok?" His head shot over in my direction. He looked like a kid who had just been caught falling asleep in class. His eyes were big and he began to bite his lip. I laughed, "Don't look so worried. They can't do anything worse than what they were already planning on doing."

Damn. I suppose a joke about someone's "almost" death wasn't exactly a great conversation starter. I let out a deep breath. This helmet was so hot. I have no idea how those agents paraded around in this getup all day. I felt as if my body would burst into flames.

The idea made me laugh. Ok, of all the things I could do, I was pretty sure becoming a human torch was not one of them. Liam looked over at me as I continued to argue with myself in my own head. I probably looked like an idiot laughing and shaking my head when I hadn't even said anything aloud.

As I turned into the woods on a rather old dirt road, he turned towards me now.

"How did you find out about what they were planning? I mean, are you sure it is all true?"

I felt the urge to go off-road now and began to drive down a small decline near a cave in the mountains. I could see the outline of a human figure in the distance. I knew it was Ethan. He looked up and saw the same man.

As I stopped, I pulled off my helmet and turned to him. It was frustrating always just being the immature kid. This man studied my condition day in and day out for years and yet that look in his eyes would always indicate to me that I would be seen as a child for a long while to come.

"This is Ethan. He will let you in on everything you want to know as he told me."

We both stepped out of the vehicle and I let out a deep breath. To the onlooker it was a sigh of relief that we had made it. To me, it was deep seeded frustration.

"Pandora, I am so glad you made it." Ethan turned to Liam now and the two men stopped in their tracks. Finally getting a good look at one another, something seemed to spark a memory.

I ran over and looked at Liam, then Ethan, then Liam again, and once more Ethan. What was going on? They were frozen, almost stunned at seeing one another's faces.