Chapter Ten - This Is War

A/N: Sorry, didn't get time to edit the chapter. Forgive me please!

Chapter Ten - This Is War

The wolf was probably the size of me if it were to have been standing on its rear legs. It was massive and the fur was so thick in its coat. I honestly had no idea wolves were even this deep into the Alaskan territory!

Liam was gripping his knife tightly. He was fully prepared to attack back if the wolf were to take another step. There was fear in his eyes which had replaced the happiness he seemed to have in our conversation just moments ago. It was a happiness I hadn't really seen in him before. And the wolf took it away.

Why I did this, I have no idea. But I did.

I decided to step before Liam and I raised up my arms. The wolf looked into my eyes and readied itself to jump at me.

"You want a fight, big guy? I'll show you a fight!" I removed my gloves to form a proper fist. In that moment the wolf began to whine and ran off quicker than it had appeared.

What the hell was going on? I looked over at Liam who was still pale from the near attack and then back to the space where the wolf was standing.

"It was scared of something." Liam concluded as he bent over to hand me my gloves. I grabbed them from him and began to place them on when I realized a light glow was coming from the back of my right hand again. That symbol was back as it had been the night before.

"What the..."

Liam took my hand and ran his glove over the spot.

"It's warm." He said. I felt it and realized it was. Very warm.

Was the wolf actually afraid of me? There was no way. This was a mistake. I gave a nervous chuckle and quickly put the gloves onto my ice cold fingers. The snow was hitting me hard in the face as the wind was picking up.

"He probably realized his wolf buddies weren't coming. Come on, we are almost there."

"Almost where, exactly? Did you even really see where the light was coming from?"

I shrugged. I didn't know how I knew but I just knew. I knew where we were going. My heart was also still racing. I didn't know why I jumped out in front of Liam like that. He did have a weapon after all. It was just so random. I just felt like I needed to.

"You could have gotten yourself killed."

My face was so cold it felt like it was white hot. Our mouths were covered by scarves under the heavy hoods but my eyes and all the skin around them were getting to be like frozen chicken breast.

"Well we didn't. Let's not make an issue out of a dog."

He grabbed my shoulder and stopped me. He then walked before me and grabbed both of my shoulders.