Chapter Eight - Anxiety Attack

I wasn't awake yet. I was still dreaming only now I had no body. I was just a set of eyes watching a moment in time from years ago.

It was a giant, empty ballroom with a single piano in the corner and renaissance paintings on the walls. The floors were elegant marble and there were skylights exposing the beautiful blue sky.

In the center of the room stood three people talking. A man had his back to me. Next to him on the left was a tall, beautiful woman with blonde hair down to her waist, sky blue eyes, delicate peach skin and a white, summer dress. They were holding hands. To his right was an older gentleman in a black suit with one of those old west mustaches.

In the man with the mustache's hands were some papers and a black, leather binder. As I neared him, like a camera zooming in on a scene, I could now hear what they were saying.

"You two are lucky. We just had a cancellation for an event on the date you requested. Our prices can be a little steep but I assure you that having your reception here will be a momentous event in both you and your guest's lives."

The girl started to jump up and down. She was absolutely giddy. You could see in her eyes that this had been a dream of hers for a while. It was a wedding and in a large, elegant hall. She seemed to almost be glowing with excitement.

"Honey, it is perfect!"

The man turned his head in her direction. This was oddly familiar. He then spoke and I knew immediately who it was and where I was.

"Of course we will take it, babe. Anything to make you happy." The man in the suit smiled as Liam assured his fiancée that she would get exactly what she wanted.

She smiled and provided a kiss on the cheek. In that moment, a beep distracted her to the little white purse which was hanging from her elbow. She pulled a cell phone out from the bag, read a message and then looked up regretfully to Liam.

"Bridesmaid crisis. We are meeting for dinner right?"

He nodded his head and smiled. She then scampered out of the room and out of sight. I was now in a dark tunnel. While I didn't get to see Liam's face all the way, I knew this was years ago. He had to have been much younger now. I had known him already for several years and in that time he was not engaged.

That could only mean that Ethan was in his late teens by now, not even a full adult yet. That girl could not have been older than 20 herself. I watched as she turned a corner into the dark, sewer like area without anything but the bright, white dress on.

She was looking around desperately for something until she finally wised up and pulled her phone out for light. In that light, a face popped out and, quite frankly, scared us both. It was a face I did not recognize.

This boy was not Ethan but it was someone who was probably in his age range. The boy was taller than Liam's fiancée and with hair blonder than hers. He resembled that of a common high school jock and had a cocky smile on his face.