Chapter 6

2014 (Tadashi) Beginning Spring

Hiro and Tadashi had loaded up the bed in the truck, telling Aunt Cass that Hiro will stay the night. "Okay, slowly now." Tadashi said, holding one side of the bed. Hiro rolled his eyes as they walked to the house.

The flag on the mailbox was up.

That caught Hiro's attention when they went by. "Hey bro. I think you got mail." Tadashi looked, then smiled. "Then you can go get it after we put this in the house." Hiro whined. "Seriously?!"

"No, joke."

"Augh!"

A few mintues later Hiro came running out, taking a folded up paper out of the box and put the flag down that squeaked. He ran back inside. "Man it's cold!" Tadashi laughed, taking the paper from his younger brother. Unfolding it, he began to read the writting while Hiro plopped down beside him.

 "Dear New Tenant, Welcome to your new home! As a previous tenant, I really hope you will enjoy this place just as I did. I filed the change of address with the post office, but i think you would know how much a hassel that would be. Anyway, if anything slips through, you wouldn't mind forwarding my mail? I'm sorry. That's if you want to and I would really appreciate it!"

Hiro shook his head in amusement while Tadashi chuckled before continuing.

"My address is below and thanks in advance."

Hiro got up to look at the letter as Tadashi went into the kitchen to cook. "Do you think she's joking? I mean this place was never lived in, for what? A few years?" The younger brother turned it around and spotted more writing.

"Hey Tadashi, you fogot to read the P.S writing." Tadashi glanced up. "Mind reading it?" Hiro read it out loud. "Okay, she said '

Sorry about the paw prints on the front door there. They were there before I moved in, same with the box in the attic."

Both brothers looked at each other confused. "I didn't see anything when we came in." Hiro said. They both went outside to search, but found the front door and walkway clean.

"What paw prints?" Tadashi asked. Hiro shrugged before going to the attic. "Anything?" Tadashi called up.

Hiro looked around before jumping down. "Nope." They both shrugged it off.