Chapter 36

2016-2017 (Y/n)

Day by day, you worked and went on with your usual life just............just like before you met Tadashi. The only thing that made each day and month harder for you was the thought of that dorky nerd who captured your heart. Loneliness now would attack you every now and then like your soul wasn't there no more, but you needed to focus on work which would keep you occupied for awhile.

"Lets go for walk Pip!" You say with a neutral tone. Pippin' would always be by your side when you'd cry or have sad dreams in the middle of the night. She yipped happily as you clipped on her leash and you two ran out, going around the block.

Every single time you walked out or go into your apartment, that tree would still be there. Reminding you that Tadashi planted it for you. "Stop it." You held your head, gently hitting it before going back inside. Though you did not notice someone leaning against the tree, watching you go inside.

Few months later, you and your best friend would hang out occaionally because your friend demanded you needed to get out of the apartment. "Hey! Do think we should to go to a resturaunt or a fast food place?" (y/f/n) asked you and looked over to see you spacing out with a saddened expression. "(Y/n)? Hey!"

You jumped, looking them and sigh. "I don't know....... I should get back home before Pippin' gets hungry." You say with a gloomy tone. Your friend tilted her head with concern, nodding. "Alright, but (Y/n)? If you need anything to let out, I'm here." You nod, smiling a bit before going home.

He watched in sadness as you walked away so heartbroken, wishing he had the guts to talk to you and his own brown eyes welding with tears before he shook his head. "Should I tell her?" He walked into the crowd of people, glancing back at the way you went.

With every step, all the way into your apartment, you felt more and more depressed. Heart aching, eyes welding up with tears, the heaviness in your chest. Sitting on your bed, you let the tears drop onto your pants and cried. "Why did I do it? Oh Tadashi." You had thought Tadashi probably forgot about you and didn't want you anymore.

It didn't seem like it, but it had been another year for you and not once did you go visit the Lake House, knowing Tadashi would have left a letter that gave you a reminder he was there. Your life was a little better this year since you forgot about Tadashi.