Chapter 16

2016 (Y/N) Summer

At work, you went to pass by one of your patients door when you heard their TV playing inside. You went in and smiled at the little girl.

"Hey, what are you doing still up?" She looked at you, then the TV which played an old romance movie. "Is she going to marry him?"

You chuckled a bit, looking at the TV. "Well, what do you think?"

"Hm....I don't know. He's kinda old."

That brought a small laugh to you. "Okay. He's not that old."

The girl smiled, then sighed. "My mom's last boyfriend was bald. He was nice, but my mom didn't marry him."

 "No?"

 The girl shrugged. "There's always something better, coming around the corner. That's what my mom says." She pointed up at the screen. "Maybe that's what that lady should do. Live like there's something else better coming around the corner.

" You smiled in amusment, then sighed. "Maybe.........but if she's not careful she might spend her whole life waiting."

You two looked up at the screen as the couple kissed, then talked. For awhile, you didn't write back to Tadashi for a week because of work. Since summer was here you opened the window's the next morning.

'I'm really really sorry I haven't made it to the mailbox lately! It's been a really busy wek for me at work and all night shifts aren't great either.'