chapter 6

Be kinder than necessary because every one you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
-Jayoung Naphtalie.

Mya looked at Racheal from the sides..as she ate." Tell me about yourself."
"I am Racheal Kaytson.my dad is a police detective.my mum has a heart disease,have a younger brother and twin sisters.four siblings in total..life isn't as good as I make it look.I could lie to you if I wanted but I don't want to .I know you wouldn't hurt me because you care about people's feelings too much." She glanced at her and Mya nodded.

She continued" my mum is ever sickly.I'm like the lady at home.do all stuff in holidays and dad sends us to boarding schools when holidays end.we are not as rich as the girls think.its my grand parents who are but dad is not in good terms with them since he joined police and didn't get into the family business...those guys are rich but never even gave a single penny to my dad.not even the times when mum is sick..."

Mya started noticing the change in mood..
"Well those things happen.but all I'm trying to understand is you..your likes..hobbies..your favourite stuff..not your family.everybody has a story to tell..for us who haven't faced them yet..ours are soon to come..so every body goes through hard times...okay?

"Sorry..let me see..I love usher..I love Chris brown.and there is Jordan Sparks.she said she is going to release a new album this year..so we are going to rock 2008."

" yeah..so I hear.." Mya replied...me I'm this kind of person that doesn't take sides.
I love all kinds of music..be it rock n roll, gospel, rnb,reggae,dancehall,country.,jazz,blues,..I really don't care as long as the song makes sense to me."

"That's weird."
Mya looked at her and said.."one thing you need to know about me..weird is my style..never done anything straight but it always comes out the right way. And more ..never interrupt me when I'm reading a novel.and last..the whole second grade is going to call me weird for making you my friend"

"Oh..its almost prep time.You better prepare" Racheal said as she took the empty tumbler back to Livingstone.

Mya showered and brushed..combed her hair and picked her books."this prep is going to be interesting" she thought.

The bell rang as she moved out of the Nightingale..she rushed but wasn't too quick for she met the matron and some administrators coming to inspect.
Miss Lucy looked at her."God I hate this woman thought Mya."

"Mya ..why is it that you are always the last to come from the halls ..I don't like one single bit of the way you behave!"
"Sorry miss Lucy."
"Go ahead..rush to class"

She reached in class when everyone was already seated and you could hear a buzz of noise as every one was talking.she didn't greet any one but knew she would get enough attention when she walked up to Racheals desk.."Hi Racheal" with a smile that screamed show time..play along.

"Hi Mya."
By then every one was looking.Mya addressed them" guys Racheal approached me and said she is very sorry for how she has been behaving.she begs to be pardoned by the class."
The buzzing sound was back again with girls complaining until Mellon the class monitor stood up and said." Doesn't she have a mouth for you to talk for her.?"
And everybody shouted.

"Shhhhh..guys.." Mya continued."exactly..if she had stood up herself before I talked ..would you have heard her out? Get real..Racheal stand up"

Every body kept quiet.Racheal wished Mya had told him what she planned before landing her in shit like this.every body was glaring ..holy Christ..
"Uhmmm..I'm so sorry we started off badly..I didn't have friends and had no knowledge of the ways of here..if I loved Eddington that much I would still be there..I just lacked guidance on how to handle issues.I'm so sorry..can we start over again..?"

Almost half of the class chorused "yeah"
That Saturday was the best for Racheal since she had reported.Mya sat with her and they jazzed.
"You said it was Usher who sang love in the club?Mya was asking.
"Yeah"
"Me ,I can only remember the wrap."and she continued.
"I am what you want ,what you want,.what you need ,what you need.he got you trapped..I'll set you free,sexually,mentally,physically,emotionally,I'll be like your medicine .you'll take evert dose of me..its going down on aisle three i'll pack you like some groceries...."whoa..I need to breathe here..can't finish it..
"Hahaha"Racheal laughed.