Chapter 15

There are many ways life is explained. Each from an experience they have had or lessons learnt.

Mya went to the chaplaincy every evening after classes. At the begining she had missed the usual activities, volley ball, sometimes hanging around the friends, practice for concerts and dancing, but the more she went to the chaplaincy, the more she got into this other world where most things were deemed evil, and the devil could tempt and reading of bible verses.
She used to help out a lot. Cleaning of the chapel, attending all fellowships and helping the chaplain sort hymn books, all the things she had never imagined.
Usually, the girls used to only attend Sunday service which was compulsory. The other events were for the real into christ girls. The ones in choir and scripture union who used to even preach out and give testimony. These are the people she was hanging around of late and it worried her how she was slowly transforming from being rebellious to calm and collected. Some of the things never interested her as before.
Tuesday evening as she was about to head to the chaplaincy, when Ariel came rushing to her. "Mum is here. And she says she wants to talk to you in secret. I already talked to her though. She brought us cup cakes"
Mya was worried as she headed to the visitor's hall. Why was her mum here??
Mya hugged her and they sat down to talk.
"I heard you are seeing the chaplain."
"They think am gay."
The mum just laughed it off and changed to a more serious note.
"Actually I'm here because of something serious. For now you can't tell Ariel about it. Your dad and I are stressed."
"What is it mum?"Mya asked worriedly. "Is it Calvin??What happened to him?"
"Calvin is OK. He actually wrote you a note. Thing is we are bankrupt. Your dad's company has been taken over. The loans we took for Calvin's operations were too big and your dad couldn't pay them off. They had to take the company. So we are moving up country and your dad wants to start afresh from scratch. More so, i think this school is too expensive for our costs. Please bear with your parents.I'm so sorry daughter. "
Mya was shocked. She just kept looking at her mum unbelievably.
"Say something please."the mom pleaded.
"I have to go to the chaplaincy mum" was all Mya could say. And she left.
Life couldn't get worse.
Mya hurried to the chaplaincy thinking how she was late for the fellowship.
The fellowship had already begun when she reached. She entered the chapel quietly and sat in the last pew.
There was some guy she had never seen before preaching. That's when she remembered that they had invited a life ministries group and it was staying till Sunday to minister in the service.
She didn't hear much of what the guy preached because she was deep in thought. She was pulled back to reality by some one playing the organ and the choir singing.. Open up your hearts unto Jesus, tomorrow maybe too late for , you never know the coming of the lord may be today..
And the guy kept on talking between song choruses, "this could be your only chance, the devil has tried to manipulate you and turn your life around, stand boldly in Jesus and accept him, the devil will give up and you will be victor. "
At that moment, something in Mya changed. She felt like she wanted to stand and move ahead, she felt like the guy was talking directly to her. She fought that feeling and kept repeating to herself. This ain't my circus. I'm different. My life doesn't belong here. It was so hard to fight it but finally, they prayed and ended the fellowship.
Mya greeted the Chaplain just to show her appearance. On her way back, she was reflecting on her life. She couldn't imagine living in the country. But for now, she had to pretend to be fine. The future could take care of itself.