Chapter 10

On and on you will hike and i know you will hike far and face up to your problems whaptever they are.

Mya's personality was not one of grudge holders. She always found a way of calming down and had the inner sight of appreciating some ones good side though she also never ignored the negative.
      She preferred to be known as a bully, mean and self conceited girl rather than know her true nature. It was easier that way because whatever happened, it was hard to hurt.
     Miss Ruth looked on as the students wrote their essays. Mya was one of the favourite students and she liked analysing her and trying to get the direction her mind flowed. Students often referred to her as a mean teacher but she knew they liked her because she just lived the life their naive minds imagined.
       English wasn't easy to teach. There was grammar and essay writing. Thank God they had brought an intern to teach english literature or else the work load would have been heavy for miss Ruth.
   "Time up. Stand up and hand in your essays" miss Ruth announced. She had given them a surprise test.
Writing a story of not less than 150 words titled the narrow escape. It was going to be fun marking them.

Mya left class just a bit worried. Any way she had tried her best. Miss Ruth was one of her favourite teachers. She hated it looking incompetent in front of her. That reminded her of one more person. The new chemistry teacher. Mr Johnson. She liked the nick name she had given him. Johnny. It was spreading around quickly. With time it would get to him too. Part 1 of her revenge.
      She moved with Asti and Shar to the starvation ground. The starvation ground was a grassy terrace found behind the wall after the basket ball court where the girls used to hide and some times dodge lessons. It was always punishable to loiter around the school compound in class and prep time so when the girls found the ground, it was like heaven.
     The name had come up because every time they were there, they would be hungry. On a usual hungry day where Mya had missed breakfast because she was late.. She remarked hungrily "surely this is a starvation ground" and since then, it was referred to as the starvation ground.
    With time, Mya's circle had grown because almost the whole grade two knew the place but people that used to frequent it were different in response to the lesson at a particular time where by most students preferred different subjects.
       The girls were so glad when the bell rung. It only meant one thing. Lunch time. And truly they had been at the infamous starvation ground.
       They were hurrying to the dining hall when they met Ariel with three other girls. Shar commented "baby here is catching up" Ariel moved up to Mya and gladly announced. This is Rinah, Daisy, and Praise. My friends.
     Nice to meet you dears. Take care of her. As they walked away, Mya felt content in her heart that Ariel was good. It wasn't a bad day after all.