Ch:18 The Light Inside/Natsu vs Lucy.

**************************************

Hello my lovely's. NEW UPDATE! This story is finally coming to an end. I must say, this fanfic is definitely an emotional rollercoaster. I have homework but i'm saving it for tomorrow so hah. Let tomorrow be the hell, today shall be my relaxation day XD. Any whoooo, here is ch 18.                               ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pov: Lucy

He looked around the guild for what felt like forever, taking in the sight of his dead guild mates in. Not all were dead though. I made sure of it. I could feel the dark vibe around him. It was an unbearable feeling. Natsu started to tear up. Happy seemed to be at a loss for words which is strange given the fact he's the most talkative cat I have ever met.

I tried not to make eye contact, the guilt was eating me alive. Not that it mattered, I was officially a sorry waist of good for nothing space and deserved to be put out of my misery. He took a step into the rubble. Slowly walking towards me while he clenched his teeth together. Happy laid down on the floor and didn't move.

Fear broke threw me as a saw him walking towards me. I've only ever seen him look this when he's ready to kill someone. Natsu swiftly wrapped his hands around my throat and started to choke me.

My vision became very blurry. I gasped for air but nothing was let in. I felt tears fall from my eyes unwillingly. His hands were so damn tight, I thought he was going to break my neck.

He then let go and let my body hit the floor. My neck healed right away and I stood up. He looked at me as if I was crazy. He then took a few steps back, still at a loss for words. Zeref 'pulled the strings' and I started attacking Natsu with hits of dark energy. One after another, he fell to the floor. He panted and looked up at me.

"How are you still alive?" I said

"What happened to you?!" he yelled completely ignoring what I said.

"Im just someone you use to know" I said with a silent voice.

He stud up and tackled me. We were face to face, both of us had facial expressions filled with emotions. He started to cry. He was screaming and crying, right over me. I tried pushing him off but it failed.

I wanted to kill myself for making him cry. anything but him crying. I found the energy to push him off.

"whats the matter? out of energy already?" I said not wanting to.

Natsu just looked at me with a lifeless expression. This was all to much for him. I could tell Natsu had officially lost it.

I managed to take control of myself and spit out the words "I'm sorry" in a hurt filled tone.

"Lucy.." Natsu said looking at me

"No.. I-It's Valery.." I said tearing up.

He slowly stood up and looked me right in the eyes.

"I know that's you. Somewhere deep down. I knew it was you the whole time Lucy.. I went on a mission to find you.. That's why I left. All the clues led up to Zeref." He said while sobbing.

I stayed completely silent.. it hurt so much. I was relieved though, just knowing someone knew, made all the weight lift off my shoulders. I let out all the tears this time. So many tears, all of them were being constantly bottled up.

Natsu stud up  "I'm sorry Luce.. This isn't your fault.. I can't imagine all the hell you've gone threw in the last year." He said

He moved closer to me and quickly pressed his warm lips against mine. I was shocked. What the hell was happening? It's like he wasn't mad at all. My lust towards Natsu took over and I kissed back patiently. All of a sudden, the darkness fled my body and my hair and eyes went back to normal. He pulled away and smiled.

"Mission accomplished" He said smiling.

He filled me with happiness in the worst of times. But what I did can't be fixed.

"What about the guild Natsu? I hurt them.. I nearly killed them for gods sake"

I turned and looked at everyone, they were all standing up somehow. Some were rubbing there bruises and others were coughing up a storm.

"Thankfully I took Wendy with me. The moment we got here she went straight to them and healed them. I'm just thankful Wendy was strong enough." Natsu said

I looked at everyone and I was filled with guilt. I looked back at Natsu and he was holding up the phone Zeref gave me. He set it on fire and threw it on the floor. "No more of this." He said

I looked over and saw Wendy hovering over another Injured guild mate, she waved at me and continued healing them.

As fast as this all happened, it ended the same. This whole entire situation managed to end. Not only me, but the whole guild went threw a mental break down. I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe, taking in my freedom again. I was free from Zerefs grip, for now that is. Wether he comes back to haunt me or not, my torture was lifted. That I will be forever thankful for.