LOST TOO MUCH Chapter 5

Callen walked into the mission on Monday morning beaming. He and Bronte were the first to arrive, which they were thankful for, as they wanted to keep their relationship quiet. Bronte settled in behind her mother's desk and started on her work. She had a pile of emails to get through before another case started. She looked over at Callen and caught him watching and he still wore a big smile in his face. She smiled in return before focusing on her work.

Callen had settled into his pile of paperwork before Eric and Nell walked into the building. They strode pass Callen without a hello, afraid they would slip up over seeing them at the beach the day before. He was focused on his work which relieved them of the need to speak.

Bronte was also focused and it was after nine before Sam walked in. They had been working for two hours in peace.

"Morning, G." Sam dropped his bag on the floor beside his desk.

Callen looked up and smiled at his partner."Hi, Sam." He smiled a little too enthusiastically, which caught Sam's attention straight away.

"So how was your weekend?" Sam walked over to his desk searching for hints.

"Oh, just the unusual run, grocery shop and chores around the house. You?" Callen tried hard to give his blank look of indifference, but Sam knew him too well.

"You don't cook, G, neither do you go on a grocery run." Sam had caught him out.

"Damn you're good, Sam." He found it hard to hide his smile. "It was great." Callen looked over towards Bronte. Sam understood the hint.

"Deeks and Kensi will know straight away something is up with you if you keep that grin on your face, G." He warned him.

"I can't help it. She makes me so damn happy." Callen grinned from ear to ear. He really was happy.

"I'm happy for you, G." Sam slapped him in the shoulder. "Do you feel like sparring with me in the gym? It may help wipe that smirk off your face." He also needed a workout, after his lazy weekend with his gorgeous wife, Michelle, and his kids.

"Great idea, Sam." Callen stood to join him in the gym.

Once the senior partners were changed, they met on the mat and began their workout, wrestling. They were talking throughout their wrestling, updating the other on their weekend. It was how they bonded, being physical while told each other about their life outside work.

Deeks and Kensi waltzed in and watched them, amused. "How's the bromance goings boys?" Deeks inquired.

"Keep your partner on a leash, Kensi." Sam responded swiftly.

"Ha!" Kensi laughed in return. "Now you're asking too much from me."

"Hey!" Deeks tried to give his sad puppy dog look back to Kensi for some sympathy. Kensi just laughed even more.

Callen took the advantage of Sam being distracted, flipping him over flat on his back.

"Remind me never to get on your bad side, Callen." Deeks added, as he watched him flip Sam over.

They were interrupted by Nell's appearance in the doorway. "We have a case, guys."

Callen and Sam arrived up in OPS, freshly showered after their wrestling match. Nell and Eric began the briefing on the situation. When Bronte walked in, the room became silent. It was the first time Eric and Nell had seen Bronte and Callen close together since breakfast the day before. "You can continue, Nell." She encouraged her.

Nell refocused quickly and continued. "Lieutenant Commander Glenn Hobson was gunned down outside his house late yesterday by a passing black SUV. His seven year old son is the only witness."