The Fall of Grimoire

Mira POV

"This forest and the Kingdom, it used to be different..."

"How so?" Laxus asks.

"Listen closely, It all started 5 years ago..."

Flash Back

The Kingdom of Grimoire may be a small Kingdom, however the citizens of Grimoire were lively and blessed with beautiful fertile land. The Kingdom was hidden beyond a green and fruitful forest, which was latter called "The Forest of Life". A river flowed from inside the forest, providing abundant supply of fresh water for the people. The source of the river came from a valley just beyond the forest, and that valley was filled with colorful flowers and vegetation. People called it, "The Valley of Life".

Because of it's prosperity, King Toma of Fiore had declared a war with Grimoire in order to claim it's land. Despite being a small Kingdom, Grimoire was proficient in take-over magic, and so King Yuri and Queen Rita decided to retailiate against Fiore. Countless of lives were lost, and such was how the "Great war of Griore" began.

Since then, 1 year had elapsed and the war still hadn't stopped. Meanwhile, back at the castle inside the throne room...

"Mommy, Daddy, don't you think I'm still perhaps a little too young to get married!? I'm not ready yet!" I bawled inside the throne room.

A white-haired and generous-looking motherly figure approached me and patted my head. "I know, sweetheart, but you must understand that this is for the good of the Kingdom."

"Listen to your mother, Mira," My father, King Yury, added, "By marrying prince Freed, Grimoire and Fiore will agree to merge into one Kingdom, Griore, and cease this wretched war once and for all!"

"B-but I..."

Father left the throne and stood beside mother. "No buts. I have already signed the treaty and Freed is staying in the castle tonight for tomorrow's wedding ceremony!"

After hearing that, my heart dropped within a second. It was as if the whole world is collapsing right before my very eyes.

I swang my right hand to the side and shouted, "What!? You both never even discussed the matter with me! How could you arrange me to marry someone I don't even love? Don't you think I deserve to choose my own husband?" With that, I ran toward the throne room exit, crying.

"Mira, wait!" The two yelled in unison.

The castle maids were staring as I run up the stairway to the 2nd floor where my room is. on the 2nd floor hallway, I stopped and put one hand on the glass, staring outside the castle. From this height, I could see the liveliness of the town and the beauty of the forest. The view was absolutely amazing... no, it's absolutely entrancing...

That made me realize just how much I love this Kingdom, and if protecting the Kingdom means marrying the prince, then I guess... I...

"Hey Sis, so how did it go?"

There's a reflection of my little sister on the glass, and swiftly turned around to greet her. "Oh, it's you, Lisanna."

"Hehe, sorry. I didn't mean to startle you." Lisanna walked beside me and leaned against the glass with both of her hands resting behind her head. "I know... you don't have to tell me."

"Yeah..." I sigh.

A moment of silence passes by.

I look up at the sky and say, "I wonder how Elfman would react if he's still here with us. After all, he had always been the overprotective one when it comes to boys..."