The Demon's Locket

Laxus POV

My hand goes numb and won't listen to me... but I am the "Phantom Slayer", and killing is my profession! So why am I hesitating now!? Do it, Laxus... You must forget her!

However, instead of forgetting, the beautiful memories comes flying back to me:

"Umm... the name's Mirajane."

"Aww~ How sweet of you to protect me, sir~"

"You are a very kind man. I believe that we'll meet again someday."

My dagger immediately drops to the floor. I realize now, as I grit my teeth and slam my fist against the bed pillar, that I can't bring myself to kill the woman I love. Yes... I do have feelings for her.

I gaze at her unconscious face, still so beautiful and alluring that it entices me to kiss her face. It pains a lot me to see how much damage I inflicted on her fragile body. Oh, how I wish that it didn't have to come to this.

"I need to give it time ..."

I gently lift her body and throw her over on my shoulder. Then, I run through the hallway, jump down to the 1st floor, and escape outside through the castle gate, and that's when she decide to wake up.

"Let me down!" She bites on my shoulder.

"Arghh! Cut it out!"

I endure the pain and run toward the closest tree. There, I shove her down my shoulder and tie her up around the tree with a rope.

"W-what do you think you're doing!?" She exclaims while struggling to get loose.

I fasten the rope and reply, "Just shut up and watch!"

Her eyes quickly widens. "A-are you going to burn me alive along with this tree!?"

"There you go again, always fast to come up with your own silly conclusion..."

"Then why don't you go ahead and just kill me already, huh!?"

I bite my lips and glare at her. "Look, that's not an option, alright!?"

Upon hearing that, she stays silent, and her eyes now filled with curiosity. "Why? I thought you came to kill me?"

"Like I said, just shut up and watch..." I activate the rune on my left hand in order to report back about my current progress, which of course, I planned on faking.

"Yo Laxus~ What's up?" Freed's projection is waving his hand at me.

Mirajane seems spooked to see Freed. She's sweating cold, but I decide to ignore her for now.

"Listen, Freed. I need you to tell Ivan that-"

"You!!! Why are you here!?" Mirajane cuts me off and glares at Freed. The look in her face shows great fear.

"Oh, who do you have with you, Laxus?"

I immediately turn my back on Mirajane and block her from view. "I'm alone right now, Freed. You must be hearing-"

"Answer me, you freak!!!" Mirajane yells.

Freed signals me to move out of the way, and I can't help but curse at the fact that my whole plan is now ruined. Geez... thanks a lot, Mira...

"Hmm," Freed brushes his chin with his thumb, "I see that you've apprehended the demon, Laxus."

"Hold on, how did you know that she's the demon?"I raises an eyebrow at Freed, challenging him to explain himself.