A Frown and a Smile

Mira's POV

Present

"And then-"

A loud snore catches my attention, so I look to my left and find Laxus snoring while still retaining his sitting position. Greatly annoyed, I clenches my teeth and yell in his ear, "WAKE UP, YOU DIMWIT!"

"H-huh? What?" Laxus wakes up half-surprised. He yawns and wipes his eyes.

"Don't just fall asleep when somebody is talking! Seriously, you are so rude!"

"Oh, sorry about that..." Laxus scratches his hair. "I was just getting bored, haha."

"H-hey! What's that supposed to mean!?"

Damn it, if if weren't for that charming face of his, I swear that I would punch him in the face right now!

"Anyway, how's your fever?" Laxus asks.

"Well, isn't it obvious? If my fever's gone by now, I would've transformed back into a demon by now."

"No, please don't." Laxus shakes his head. "If you turn into a demon, then you'll no longer be beautiful."

"Beautiful!?" I raise my voice, gawking.

Laxus draws my face closer to his and whispers, "Yeah. Haven't anyone told you that you have such beautiful eyes?"

"... Stop, you're embarrassing me..." I gently pull away from Laxus. My heart is beating faster because I feel so flattered right now. I wonder if he really means that...

"So where were we now, tomato face?" Laxus teases.

"Grr... you are so pushing your luck, Laxus..."

Back to Flash Back

Inside the throne room, I tried warning Mom and Dad, but to no avail. They both believed that I was just making excuses to run away from the arranged marriage...

"Mira! We won't stand for this behavior anymore. Tomorrow you shall marry prince Freed, and that's that!" My father declares.

"You're always like this! Never bothering to even listen me!" I yelled and ran away crying to the first floor.

Suddenly, someone grabbed my hand, and it was Freed.

"W-what do you want!?" I scorned and pulled my hand away from his grip.

Freed shrugs his shoulders. "Now, now, princess. That's no way to act before your very own future husband~"

"Shut up and leave me alone!" I lift up my dress and run up the stairway. I glanced back on the way and noticed Freed smiling to himself. What a creep!

That Midnight...

I couldn't sleep that night because of everything that had happened today, but little did I know, that the worst was yet to come.

"Huh?"

There were green smokes seeping in from the gap of my room door. I quickly jump out of bed and corner myself beside the window. "What's going on here!?"

*Arghhh!* There were multiple screams of terror coming from outside.

I looked out the window and saw the castle knights fighting inside the castle wall with several masked entities, all dressed up in a black. There was also a thick cloud of green gases outside the castle. Could the castle be under attack right now!?