Fight for Freedom

Laxus POV

"Freed! Freed! Why aren't you answering!"

It's been 20 minutes since I arrived at the forest entrance, and yet Freed is still nowhere to be found. I glare at his rune, wondering as to why Freed refuses to answer and lied to me about his whereabouts. "Tch!"

All drenched in the rain, I wander around aimlessly around the forest entrance. That is, until I notice some footprints on the muddy terrain that lead all the way inside the forest...

"Mira... I have a bad feeling about this..."

I race back into the forest, tracing each footstep while cutting anything that dares stand in my way. Soon unfortunately, the rain has finally erase what's left of the footprints.

I stop running, lift my head up, and scream, "Oi! Mira! Can you hear me!? Answer me!" A huge lightning follows right after, and the pouring rain only makes it more dramatic.

I was a fool, to think I actually left her all alone unprotected. Truth to be told, I was just being a coward when I abandoned her. If anything were to happen to her now, I don't know how I can ever live with myself.

"Kyaaa!!!"

That scream, it can only be... Mira!

Sprinting to the direction where the scream came from, I happen to step on something hard and hears a cracking noise. "What the?" On the ground lies a cracked golden heart-shaped locket.

"No... this is Mira's." I retrieve the locket and clench it in my hand between my chest. "Something bad must've happened to her..."

There are two fresh footprints, each belonging to a different person. They eventually lead me out of the forest and back into the valley. I sprint through the valley, splashing water and mud with every step.

In short, I reach the heart of the valley where flowers are blooming and mountains are barricading the surroundings. There, an evil-looking assassin is pointing his rapier at Mira.

"Say your prayer, princess!"

"LAXUS!!!"

"Thunder!*

"W-what the!?" Freed was astounded when he felt a strong grip on his hand. He turns his head around and winces at the sight of the angry man standing behind him. Another lightning strike flashes the ferocious look on my face.

"Don't you dare lay a finger on her!" I leer at Freed, exerting even stronger force on my grip.

"My, my, if it isn't just the person I wanted to see~" Freed struggles to shake off my hand. Nevertheless, there's a huge difference between our physical strengths.

"Spare me the act! You know I don't trust you!" I cripple his hand and hurl him behind me. Freed however, performs an aerial recovery and safely lands on his feet.

I quickly tend to the girl who is covered in mud and lying on the ground, gently shaking her body. "Hey, Mira! Open your eyes! It's me, Laxus!"

Mirajane slowly opens her eyelids. She places her hand on my cheek and smiles weakly at me. "Laxus, I always knew you'd came back..."

"Mira..."

I am furious at Freed for what he did to Mira, yet I am more furious at myself for not being there when she needed me most. This rage, I need to take it out on someone, and who's the better choice right now than Freed himself!