Forbidden & Betrayed

Laxus POV

Let me tell you a story, a story of an assassin who fell in love with a pedestrian and tried to escape from his fate. He wanted to start over, to a place where he and she can live happily ever after.Yet as cruel as fate was, his beloved was murdered before his very eyes, and a friend whom he had regarded as his own brother, was responsible for her death...

4 Years After the Downfall of Grimoire. 

"I refuse to undertake this mission!" I stomp my feet and gnash my teeth at Ivan. "For God's sake, Gajeel is my closest friend and your very own flesh and blood!"

"Silence! You are to subdue the traitor, and that's final!"

"Grrr!"

"My son holds too much intel about us and can't be allowed to live. What's worst, he had escaped with Levy Mcgarden who is a former magic council member!

"..."

"Go see Freed at the cemetery exit. I have ordered him to give you Gajeel's coordinate. Now!"

"..."

Ivan sighs and places his hand on his forehead. "Laxus, you have until tomorrow. Should you fail, then--"

"I know! You don't have to repeat that every single time!" I flip around and start walking away. "I'm going now, but I won't promise you anything."

"Laxus, you know you can never hope to defy me, nor fate itself..." That was Ivan's last word before I had left the dark corridor.

As I am running through the cemetery, I have anger and sorrow all mixed inside of me. I wonder what Gajeel would do if he were in my shoes and whether or not if I'm doing the right thing...

"Laxus, I thought you'd never come." Freed says, leaning casually against the cemetery fences beside the exit.

"Freed, you know what to do." I approach him unmotivated.

"Right."

Freed projects his rune in the air. A figure of a wooden house beside a river reveals itself. There are blooming flowers, trees, and mountains around the place, which can only mean...

"The Valley of Life..." I murmur.

"Precisely." Freed nods his head, cancels his rune, and walks past me. "I've finished what I must. I'm going back now."

"Freed, wait!" I leap in front of him, standing in his way. "How can you be so chill about this. You and Gajeel are close friends, aren't you?"

"Friends you say?" Freed laughs. "Not friends, just partners. Anyway, Gajeel is now a traitor, and I have no compassion for traitors! Hahaha!"

Greatly angered, I grab Freed by his collar. "You bastard! All these times the three of us spent laughing and crying together, do they not mean anything to you!?"

Not bothering to resist, Freed grins me an evil smile. "Look at you, blabbering about friendships and stuffs. Is that really how a professional assassin such as yourself should talk? Besides, if you will fail this mission, Ivan will send me next in line."

"Curse you, Freed..." Realizing that I'm just wasting my time with Freed, I let go of him and flash away in an instant.

I leap from roof to roof until I reach Fairy Hill, swearing and cursing along the way. It was still in the morning by the time I hiked down the hill, but by the time I reached the valley, it is already late in the evening.

Following the valley river, a wooden house is growing bigger and bigger from sight. I put on my mask and leap on top of the roof as soon as the coast in clear, lying low while observing the two.