Chapter 9

Hey guys!! Thank you so much for 1.3k reads and 203 votes!! You guy are fantastic!! ^.^

The seating arrangements in the car would be like this-

Mark Ryland

Riker, Ness, Rocky, Laura, Ross

Ell Rydel

I know its kind of weird. Just pretend that it is a huge car... whatever, here we go------

Vanessa's pov

As I sat in the car, the tears started to come again. All of us moved here and there and then finally sat down.

"Hey, come on. Be happy! We'll have lots of fun!" Rocky tried to cheer me up.

"Thank you so much Rocky. That made me feel so much better." I said dryly. From the corner of my eye, I could see that Riker was trying to hold back a laugh.

Riker really gives good hugs. He's really cute too. With his blonde hair and sweet smile, I think he must be one of the ladies man. I love the fact that he cares so much about me. I feel like I've known him for years.

"You wanna hear a funny thing?" Rocky asked, ignoring Riker making cute faces."Yes please." I replied.

"Okay. So a long time ago-" I cut him off by saying "Are you gonna tell me a fairytale. I hate fairytales."

"Okaaay. Fine. So where was I? Oh yeah, I was saying- a long time ago, maybe when Riker was twelve and I was ten years old. Riker had a date in the park. So, all of us followed him- as usual. You know, we all kinda have a habit of spying on each other's dates. " Rocky stopped to take a breath.

Then he continued. "In the park, there was a bench.It was a blue one with red polka dots. I know it sounds really weird. Anyways, what Riker didn't notice was that it had just been painted. He was too busy day dreaming about his date."

"There was a sign kept beside it. But, Riker still sat on the bench. Then he noticed that his shoelaces were open. Instead of bending down to tie them, he kept his foot on the bench." Riker was starting to turn red.

"His date was getting late, so he decided to lay down on the bench. He still didn't notice that paint was getting all over him."

"When his date arrived, he hugged her and then things went down hill. Really, you should have been there. It was so funny!" Rocky had tears in his eyes- happy tears; not sad ones like mine.

"Wow." That was all I could say. "Well-" Rocky started. "Rocky can you please whisper?! Some people are trying to sleep here!" Ryland interrupted.

Thank goodness!! I can't keep listening to Rocky! It's not that I don't like him. I just don't like him in that way. I hear someone snoring. How did Rocky fall asleep so fast?!?"

Suddenly Rocky pushed me over and I landed right on top of Riker.

"Omg! I'm so sorry !" I squeaked. In the meanwhile Rocky and the others filled up my space. Actually, they had to push Rocky as he had fallen asleep. By they I mean Laura and Ross.

"Hey you guys, go back to your positions." I said. "Ness this is a car. We don't have assigned seats." Laura winked at me. "And you look really comfortable." She smirked.

Is she blind?!? "Uhh." I looked at Riker, to only see him blushing making the situation worse. "Look, I am really sorry-" "Hey, there's nothing to apologise for. It's not your fault."

Then he pulled me closer and snuggled up to me. I am really comfortable now. "Um listen, oh no, so sorry. I don't know what came over me." Riker said frantically.

"No, it's okay. You are so nice! I like boys who care about people. You even have blonde hair!" I babbled.

"Um, thanks I guess? Anyways, you should go to sleep Ness. It is a long way home." He whispered.

1 hour time skip... sorry guys

Laura's pov

Ness and Riker are so cute! I totally ship them together! Their ship name can be viker or ranessa. Actually, rinessa sounds better.

Accidently, my head landed on Ross's shoulder. He had just taken his earphones out. "Uh-oh." I quickly muttered.

I don't know if he heard me or if he didn't. I was listening to a song by The Script. Man, that band is awesome!

"The Script?" Ross suddenly whispered. I smiled. "Uh yeah." "I like that band." He said.

Then he put his earphones like nothing ever happened. I mean, I figured out that he was diferent than the others and wasn't as close to them.

"Hey Ross." I poked him, hoping for a conversation to start. "So you know about The Script?" I questioned.

"Ofcourse I do. How would I have known that you were listening to a song by The Script if I didn't know them?" He rolled his eyes.

"Well, you don't have to be so rude." I retaliated.

"Says the girl who just pranked those harmless kids. By the way, I wasn't being rude. I was just pointing out a fact."

"Well, if you want to point-" "Can you guys just shut up!!" Ryland yelled glaring at Rydel, Ell, Ross and I. Rydel and Ell were laughing. I think they have bonded quite well.

Ness is a heavy sleeper. I guess Riker is one too. If I were her ,I would not have been able to sleep here. "How long until we get home?" Rocky called. When did he wake up?!?

"Uh, just a few minutes. We are almost here." Mark told him. "Here we are! Welcome to the Lynch residence!" Mark announced.

Rocky's pov

Finally! We're home! I turned around to see Vanessa sleeping on Riker. I'm going to kill him! How dare he steal my girl!

"Umm Riker." Vanessa mumbled trying to get out of his grasp. But he kept on pulling her closer, if that was even possible as they were completely stuck to eachother.

I get out of the car and slam the door shut. You won't get away with this one, Riker.

WoooHoooo!! I finally wrote a long chapter:) in the morning I ende up reading 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid- The Long Haul'. My brother got it from the school library.

I have to go and read sst now... history, geography---- someone pls help me!!!

Have u guy sheard 'Fall back in love' By Ryland???? It is soooooooooooooooo nice;))

Love ya guys,

Nainika02 <3