Chapter 15

Ellington's pov

Rydel, Rydel, Rydel. Everything about her was so beautiful. Her eyes, her hair, her ever so bubbly personality. She was just- just amazing. I think I loved her already.

"Hey, E-Rat?" Rydel shook her hand in front of me. Such a cute nickname, given by such a cute girl. "Yeah, so umm, which ice cream do you want?" I looked at the flavours available.

"Chocolate? Vanilla? Butterscotch?" I raised my eyebrows. "Fudge Marble, please." Such polite manners. Rydel was definitely the girl I was looking for. "Cool." I smiled at her.

I ordered a chocolate and fudge marble ice cream, paid the money and then we both left the ice cream shop. We started heading towards her home. Our home, as I should say.

"So, schools starting tomorrow? Are you prepared enough to handle our school? You know, we have cliques. Dorks, nerds, players, cheerleaders, the mysterious type, math kids. You name them; we have each and every type of student in our school."

I kind of zoned out after that. "Yo?" Rydel stood in front of me, with her hands on her hips. "Uh, yeah. Umm, sorry." I stuttered, blushing.

"So, as I was saying, Derek is the 'Bad Boy' of our school. He's like super hot, and rumour has it that he has slept with almost each and every girl in our school."

Rydel bit her lip and turned red while speaking. Huh. I sensed a probability of her liking him here. Hot. Seriously? I thought she could do better than that.

Slept with almost all the girls? Man whore. I hope he hasn't slept with Rydel though. That would make him my enemy. No one gets to come near Rydel. No one. Except me.

"Dude, are you ever going to stop zoning out?" Rydel looked me, irritated. I noticed the way she twirled her hair in her fingers over and over again, until they became curly- I don't know.

"Well, at least I'm better than that wazzock." I rolled my eyes. Rydel chocked on her ice cream, and started coughing. "Oooh. My nose feels so cod now!" She complained as her nose started to turn red.

I bit back a laugh. "But, wait. What's wazzock?" She stopped walking and I realized that we had reached home. "Who's wazzock, not what's wazzock." I corrected her, before replying,

"Derek."

"Derek?" she looked me, waiting for an explanation. "Yes, Derek." I nodded, before gulping down the entire piece of ice cream in one bite. Rydel took out the spare key from under the carpet and opened the door.

"I don't know what wazzock means, but I know that it's definitely not something good. And no, I don't wanna know what it does mean." She raised a hand to interrupt me.

"Okay." I went into the house. "But why? Why did you call him a wazzock?" Rydel inquired. "Well because, he simply he is. Derek is a player, Rydel. He uses girls like we use tissues.

Then, when he's done with them, he just throws them away!" I smile at her, expecting to find her smiling and agreeing with me too. Instead, she looked sad.

"Derek isn't like that! He's a really nice guy!" She argued, frowning. "No he's not!"

"He is!"

"He isn't"

"He is!"

"He isn't!"

"HE IS A NICE GUY!!"

"DEREK IS JUST A PLAYER!"

"Why do you ever care? It's not as if you like me!" Rydel protested. "Hah! I'm just trying to protect you, Rydel. There's no point in liking him."

"Who said I liked him? Stop jumping to conclusions." Rydel started playing with her hair. "I'm not jumping to conclusions; I'm just stating the obvious. Bad boys are bad boys. He'll end up hurting you." I stopped in front of my room.

"So what if I like him? He's always been super sweet and polite to me." "See, you like him! Super sweet and polite? Yeah, sure. He just wants to get in your pants."

Suddenly Rydel starts screaming at me. "SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP, OKAY? YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME OR HIM! SO, IT WOULD BE BETTER IF YOU WOULD JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!!!"

Then, she ran away. And just like that, I was left standing, my chances with the girl I loved slipping away.

supp^

Credits to subhi01 for the cover above😇 thank u so much for 2.4k reads and 400 votes! Vote for Laura, Ross and Austin and Ally for KCA2016... I already did :)

So, rydellington chap... i know it's going too fast, but don't worry, there'll be loads of drama *smirk face*

Oh god- I hate exams so much -.- I had maths today- it went well:) also, sorry if this chap wasn't that good. I wrote it straight on my laptop and I didn't have anything planned out...

This ch is dedicated to HopeAndStar0516 for sticking along from the start :*

P.S- pls ignore the grammatical errors and the tenses mistakes.

With love,

Nainika