Chapter 14

Vanessa's PoV
"Okay guys, listen up. I need you all to do a favour for me." Rocky announced as soon as all of us were present in the room.

Actually, not all of us as Mark and Ryland weren't here. Laur was still wearing her skateboarding helmet. I have to admit, she was awesome at skateboarding.

Ross, who was sitting beside me, was playing Candy Crush on his phone. Rydel and Ell stopped talking and looked up to Rocky.

"Go on. We're listening." Rydel encouraged him. "Look, is this about you finding a girlfriend? There's a hot chick in my Bio class, I can set her up with you. Her name's-"

Riker was cut off by Rocky. I don't know why, but I suddenly started feeling jealous. Hot chick?! She could be a devil from inside. People shouldn't judge people by the way they look .

"No, no, no. It's just that I want you guys to participate in a drawing competition which is gonna take place at school. I would be really, really grateful."

Rocky looked at us with pleading eyes. "When's it?" Laura piped up. "I don't know." He replied. "I know, it's on the 29th of November." Rydel smiled.

"Hey! It's Laur's birthday on 29th!"Ell said, sounding excited. "Yeah, I know Ell. It seems as if you're more excited than I am for my birthday." Laura laughed dryly.

"I'm up for it." I raised my hand. "Really?!" Rocky looked shocked. "Yeah, why not? I was going to take part anyways. I love art." I shrugged.

"But why do you want to take part? It's not that you like drawing and painting anyways." Riker inquired. "Umm." A blushing Rocky put an already opened envelope with a letter inside on the table.

"I got a letter from Maia, Maia Mitchell." After that sentence was said, Riker spit out the Mac and Cheese he was eating, Rydel  pretended to be surprised (she was pretty poor at acting), and even Ross looked startled.

"You what?" Riker managed to croak out. "Yay! I already knew that this was going to happen!" Rydel started squealing. Ell, Laur and I glanced at each other.

By Rydel, Riker and Ross's reactions, I was sure that this Mindy girl was an important part of Rocky's life. " Yeaaah. So are you all willing to take part?" Rocky raised his eyebrows.

Gradually, all of the others agreed. Ross just nodded his head. After we finished eating, he went up to his room (or somewhere else, I don't know), and Rydel and Ell decided to go and get ice cream.

Riker announced that he had to go practice playing the Bass, and he too, went up to his room. "Well, I'm gonna get going." Laur said, after keeping all the dishes in the washbasin.

"Hey, Rocky?" She turned to face him. "Do you think Ryland'll be alright? Both Mark and him didn't come for lunch."
"Yeah, they'll be okay. He gets in trouble a lot. There's no need to worry." Rocky assured Laura.

Soon, only him and I were left in the room. "Can I tell you something?" Rocky looked nervous. "Yeah, sure." I sat down, beside him.

"The first time that I saw you , at the Orphanage, I thought that you were beautiful. I don't know- I -I just started to like you. I think it was because I wanted to get over one of my ex- girlfriends, Maia.

"Both you are so similar. You- you remind me of her. Riker and I always had competition. I was surprised when he offered to find me a girlfriend and you agreed to take part in the competition." Rocky stopped to take a breath.

"Almost always, we ended up liking the same girl and the girl chose him over me. Maia was an exception. I- I got jealous when I saw you and Riker. You both are made for each other. He's my elder brother- I do want good for him."

When I didn't say anything, Rocky added, "I don't know why I just told that to you. Go ahead and call me any name you want to- I know that I'm a selfish idiot."

"I really don't know what to say. You know, I'm not good at giving speeches, Laura's good at those. But it's okay, it's not your fault. It's just human nature. Anyways, tell me more about Maia. Did you both ever kiss? Did she like you back? What did she say in the letter? Does she love you?"

I smiled mischievously. Rocky looked at me with wide eyes, then said, "Woah, you've got a load of questions."
"Yes, I have... Now, did you ever kiss?"

Yo ppl! Thank u so much for 2k reads and 390 votes! I've already started missing Austin and Ally... And Trish and Dez... 😣

I love u all<3
Nainika🐯