Chapter 12

Picture of Jessica's phone above.

How is your day going?? :) <3 <3

"Why can't you sit at my table again?" Gale asked, crossing his arms over his chest. I felt like he was trying to be intimidating, and it was kinda working. "I just want to sit with Meghan today, she's my best friend" I replied, he rolled his eyes, "but I'm your boyfriend." Why was he being so rude!
"Gale, I'm going to go sit with Meghan, I'll see you later" I said, but right as I was about to turn around and walk away, he kissed me. He held onto me and kissed me. I was shocked, considering we were just fighting. But of course, after a few seconds, I returned the kiss. I opened my eyes for a spilt second and saw he was smirking. Though, he wasn't smirking at me, I separated and looked behind me, Riley was standing a few feet away, and Gale was looking right at her. "Ill see you soon" I said, looking up at Gale. He broke his stare with Riley, and smiled at me. "Alright babe" he said, kissing my cheek and walking away. I stood there frozen, and watched as he entered the cafeteria, and then Riley followed. I watched as everyone slowly, one by one, filed in, but I stood there. What had just happened?

"You get any homework yet?" Meghan asked me, propping her elbows up on our lunch table. I shook my head, "nope" and looked down, trying to hide the frown on my face. She turned her head to the side, confused. "What's with the one word answer? You always go on and on about stuff." I laughed "Meghan, that's you" she laughed as well "yah, I guess it is." But then her face went back to confused, "seriously, why are you acting all sad??" I signed, I didn't want to mention it, because Meghan is very protective over me. "Um, Gale and I kind of got into a little fight over me coming to sit with you at lunch." I replied. "Then, I was about to leave, and he kissed me. But I saw him smirking at Riley while he was kissing me. Then he was starting at her, he smiled at me, called me babe, and walked away." I took a deep breath at the end, a little happy to tell someone, and get it off my chest. "So what do you think it means?" I asked, playing with some lettuce in my salad. "I think Gale was being very suspicious..." She replied. "And it was very rude" I added, defending Meghan. She smiled "thanks." We both finished eating our lunch, and as we walked to throw out our garbage, I took a quick peek over at Gale's table. He was now sitting beside Riley, and they were talking, while Veronica gave them both dirty looks. Meghan must have noticed me staring at them, because she grabbed my hand, and pulled me out of the cafeteria.

"This pizza is so good Matt!!" Meghan said to my dad, as she wiped some pizza sauce off her face. (And yes, Meg and my dad are that close that she calls him Matt) "Thanks Meghan" he replied, chuckling. My dad used to make pizzas a lot when I was younger. Because when he was a teenager, his first job was in a pizza parlour, so the skills just stuck. We each finished off our 5th slice of pizza, thanked my dad, and went up to my room. As I flopped on my bed, I got a text from Gale:

Sorry about earlier Babe, I didn't wanna get into a fight :'( Do you want to go out for dinner with me and my friends tomorrow?? :) :)

I looked up at Meghan and showed her the text. Once she had finished reading it, she shrugged "whatever you want." I thought long and hard about it. "I'll go" I said "just so I can try and clear things up with Gale."

Sure, I'd love to :) What time??

I'll pick you up at 7 ;) That alright?

Yup :) Bye Gale, I gtg now.

Bye Jess

"Dinner with him and his friends?" Meghan asked, being skeptical. "Yeah, it's fine, hopefully I can try to get to know them better" I replied. "So, how are you and Ben going??" I asked, nudging her in the arm. She smiled, "we're doing good, he said I looked really pretty today" I gave her a thumbs up, and we laughed. Giggling, I said "I think he likes you!" I know I sounded like a grade 2, but I was with my best friend in the whole wide world, and nothing could make me feel better, than hanging out with her.