Chapter 16

Picture of Jessica's party dress above.

Hi :) <3 <3

I put on the finishing touches to my makeup. Lipstick, check! Eyeliner, check! Mascara, check! I slipped on my black party dress, and some black Mary Jane pumps. I looked at myself one last time in the mirror, and walked out of my bedroom. I walked into the kitchen, and threw a couple pieces of freshly made popcorn into my mouth. "Hey! Jess, are you eating my-" my dad said, but stopped. He looked at me "why you so dressed up, kiddo?" He asked, reaching into the bowl of popcorn. "I'm going to a party Dad," I said "is it okay with you?" He looked a bit frazzled, but slowly nodded his head "my little girl is growing up so fast." I rolled my eyes playfully, and kissed my dad on the cheek. "Now you have to go brush your teeth again!" He called, as I walked away from the kitchen "nobody likes popcorn breath!" I laughed, "that's what I'm about to do now, Dad." I brushed my teeth, and then curled my hair. Just as I was spraying some perfume on, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it!" I yelled, as I put my Juicy Couture perfume back on my dresser. I ran down the stairs as quickly as I could (keeping in mind, I was in heels.) I threw open the door, and there was Gale. "Hi" he said, grinning at me. "Hey," I replied, blushing. I grabbed my clutch and phone, and we walked outside. "Bye Dad!" I yelled, as Gale closed the door behind us. We hopped into his car, and drove away from my house. "You look gorgeous," Gale said, kissing my cheek. "Your driving! Keep your eyes on the road!" I warned him, giggling. He smirked, "we're at a red light." I whacked him on the shoulder once I noticed the light turn green. "Ouch!" He wined, as we drove. He chuckled, and used his free hand to intertwine our fingers. As I looked out the window, and the raindrops touched the glass, I could hear Gale quietly humming to the radio. I rested my head against the side of the car, and closed my eyes. Slowing drifting off to sleep.

"Jess, wake up," someone said, as they lightly shook me. My eyes fluttered open, and I saw Gale's face, right above mine. "Sorry," I said, as I sat up in my seat. He smiled, and sat back down properly in his seat. "Ready to go inside?" He asked. "Ready as I'll ever be" I responded, and opened the car door. I jumped out, and felt the rain hit me. I quickly used my arms, to attempt at covering my hair and makeup. Gale laughed, and took off his jacket. He handed it to me, and I held it above my head. "Thanks," I said, as we walked up the steps of Veronica's house. "Anything for you" he replied, and opened the door for me. Once we stepped inside, I felt like the house was literally moving. The music was making the ground thump, and I knew I was going to get a headache soon. We hung up our stuff on one of the coat racks, and walked towards the source of the music. A D.J was set up in the huge living room. Gale and I walked to the couch and sat down. "Do you want a drink?" He asked, I nodded "a Sprite please." He smiled, and walked around the corner, to where I assume the kitchen was.

"Here you go," Gale said, as he sat down and handed me a red solo cup full of Sprite. "Thanks," I said. "What took you so long?" I asked, jokingly. Though I actually did wait like 30 minutes for him to come back. He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck, "long line up for Sprite." I let out a fake laugh, which probably sounded too forced. "Do you want to dance?" He asked, I looked around at everyone dancing. "Uh, it looks a little crowded on the dance floor right now, maybe later." Gale nodded, "okay, I'm going to go for a walk, I'll be back soon." I took a sip of my drink, and waved 'bye', as he got up off the couch, and walked away.

1 hour later, and I was still sitting on the same couch, playing on my phone. "Hello" a male voice said to me. I looked up from my phone, "Gale, hey I-" it wasn't Gale, it was Liam. "Oh, hi Liam," I said, a little startled. He chuckled and sat down beside me, "hoping I was someone else?" He wiped a fake tear from his eyes. "Yah, but it's great to see you again," I said, putting my phone away into my clutch. Before I could close it, Liam grabbed my hand. I looked up at him, and he smiled, "can I see your phone for a second, please?" I shrugged, and handed him my phone. He quickly typed something, and handed me it back. "There's my number," he said, pointing to the new contact he made for himself. I laughed, "wow, your quite smooth." He chuckled "as sand paper."

PS- I think my posting schedule is going to be about 1-2 times a week :)
Hope you liked this chapter!! ;) <3 <3