Chapter 22

Kind of a boring chapter/not much "exciting" things happen. I'm sorry :( Fun things coming in the next chapter!! ;) <3 <3

"Hey," I said to Liam, as I walked up to him at his locker. "Hi," he replied, I laughed, "Have you figured out your schedule yet?" I raised an eyebrow, "I've been here like two days. Of course I haven't. I don't just sit around my house like, oh, I have some free time from alllllllllllll my homework. I'm just gonna-" I used my hand to cover his blabbering mouth, "Shush up, will you?" He chuckled, and we walked to the pool. "Are you going to try out for the swim team?" I asked him, kicking a random pebble through the halls. "Yup. I was really hoping your school would have a pool." He smiled, and I returned one back. "Not to by rude or mean," I said, "but why did you come to this school?" He stopped walking, and ran his hands through his hair, "Um, my brother has been going here. And my parents finally decided that they wanted us to go to the same school." He cleared his throat, and gestured for us to continue walking. We began moving again, however, I continued with questions, "Who's your brother?" Liam punched the side of my arm playfully, "You wouldn't like him, that's for sure." I laughed, "Oh, okay. Mysterious." After that, I stopped asking questions, deciding not to push Liam further on the topic.

I quickly shuffled through my bedroom, trying to find my work shoes/black high top Converse. Yeah, I love Converse if you can't tell. I found them 10 minutes later, under a pile of sweaters in my closet. I sloppily tied the laces, and ran downstairs. I grabbed my car keys, and headed out.

I stood in front of the café. Feeling a bit nervous, knowing that Becky was quite upset with me. I took a long, deep breath, and went inside. It was 5:45, I had left/rushed to get here early. I wanted to impress Becky, and prove to her that I should stay. I slipped on my apron, and started wiping down the counters. As I dumped a handful of crumbs into the garbage, and started washing my hands, I heard someone, "Hello Jessica." I quickly finished up washing my hands, and turned to face them. Becky. "Hi" I said, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. "I see you showed up early. 15 minutes early to be exact." I bit my lip, and nodded nervously. I avoided eye contact, and started folding some napkins on the counter. She came and sat across from me, and sighed, "Look Jess, I'm mad okay. You haven't showed up in a long time. But I'm happy your here now. I don't want you to be scared of me." She chuckled, and I let out a small laugh, "Okay, thanks." She nodded and walked away. "Wow, this place sucks," a male voice said. I imdeitley spun around, and slammed my hands down on the counter. And laughed. I was going to scream at the person, but it was Liam. He sat on a bar stool, in front of me, smirking. "Don't make fun of this place," I told him, caressing the counter, "it's beautiful." He chuckled, "Alright, alright. I guess it's nice. The views amazing." He winked, and I laughed, "Wow then, you must love brownies, cause your sitting right I front of 'em." He rolled his eyes playfully, and ordered a few brownies and a cupcake. "Quite a sweet tooth you got," I said, handing him the box. "Yep, being at a bland, boring school, has really made me crave something exciting. Like brownies! And cupcakes! And cake! And-" I laughed, "Weirdo.." He payed for his sweets, and we exchanged goodbyes. Once he left, I took a few tables, and cleaned up the counter another two times.

I ended up staying two extra hours after my shift ended, Becky actually had to kick me out. She chuckled, as she shoved me out of the small building. "I'll be back tomorrow!" I yelled to her, as I walked to my car. I heard her laugh again, wow this girl was in a good mood. "That's fine with me!" She yelled back, and got into her car. I drove back home, listening to the rain fall against my Beetle.

Mornning babe :*

Meghan texted me, at 6 in the morning. I groaned, as I reached for my phone and read the text.

Morning. You woke me up :(
What's up??

Party soon!! :) :) :)

I know...

Okay, well, that's all. :) Have fun at school!! ;)

Yup, bye :*

Bye bye :*

I plugged my phone back into its charger, and went back to sleep.

"Liaaaaaaaaam," I said, as Liam pulled me into the Gym. "Let go!" I whined, but he never dropped my hand. He pulled me to the equipment room. Liam carefully (and quite gracefully) swept a soccer ball from a bin on the top shelf. With his height (6'2) he towered over me. He looked down at me, and dropped the soccer ball on my head. I grunted, and shoved him in the chest, "You meanie. Who drops a soccer ball on someone's head?!?" He laughed, "Apparently me!" I then took his hand, and led him to the soccer field. When we got their, I started running around with the ball, kicking it at some trees. "Tree-killer...." Liam mumbled to himself, smirking. I rolled my eyes, and continued to run around. "I thought I was teaching you!" He yelled, standing at the other end of he field. I giggled, "Who said I needed teaching?" I sprinted straight at Liam, then once I got close enough, shot the soccer ball right between him and a big tree. "Haha!!" I yelled, dancing awkwardly. He chuckled to himself, and picked up the ball. "Fine, you won then. But we're going again. And this time: I'm. Gonna. Win."